Star Wars: Rebels

Sonikku

Lifer
Jun 23, 2005
Anyone else see the 44 minute pilot? I thought it was surprisingly good for something Disney got its mitts on. It's as interesting as Clone Wars was around when it really hit it's stride around season 5 or so, perhaps better because of the time frame of the show which is set five years before A New Hope. Worth a look in my opinion. :)

Bateluer

Lifer
Jun 23, 2001
Haven't seen it yet, its on my list.

Disney's Marvel Agents of SHIELD TV show and obviously their Marvel movies are pretty awesome, so I'm willing to give them a fair shot with Rebels.

JTsyo

Lifer
Nov 18, 2007
They had a commercial for it during one of my kids' shows and they were focusing on the droid for the younger kids.

Aharami

Lifer
Aug 31, 2001
whatever happened to the clone wars? is that show still on?
rebels looks interesting. will watch. is this gonna be a weekly show or is a tv movie?

lupi

Lifer
Apr 8, 2001
The complete part of the "last season" for clone was sold to netflix.

The uncompleted portion put online at lucas. (Seems all voice but lacking some graphics per article I read).

T9D

Diamond Member
Dec 1, 2001
I thought that was going to be a another movie. Great production quality. I think kids will love it. I kind of wish they would make a pixar type movie now in the Star Wars universe.

Sonikku

Lifer
Jun 23, 2005
I think getting to see the Imperials be the oppressive power with the good guys in hiding makes it a better story than clone was. It has much more of an old trilogy feel and seems a bit darker than CW. Though it wasn't all serious, a couple bits of the humor in pilot actually made me laugh.
"First time seeing a Jedi, sir?" coupled with the context of the moment, you would be hard pressed to not at least smile. :)

smackababy

Lifer
Oct 30, 2008
I don't get why we have 'Ye of little faith in Disney' people. Have you seen Aladdin? Lion King? Wreck-it Ralph? The amount of quality movies Disney has put out is far beyond any other studio.

BlitzPuppet

Platinum Member
Feb 4, 2012
EH... hate to bring out the nerd in me but...

Wtf is with the female Mandolorian? Painted helmet? wtf?

Red Storm

Lifer
Oct 2, 2005
I don't get why we have 'Ye of little faith in Disney' people. Have you seen Aladdin? Lion King? Wreck-it Ralph? The amount of quality movies Disney has put out is far beyond any other studio.

They've also put out a lot of crap so it's really hit or miss. And Aladdin and Lion King are hard to factor in because they were made a while ago. It's like how everyone shits on George Lucas even though he did make the first three Star Wars movies.

zerocool84

Lifer
Nov 11, 2004
They've also put out a lot of crap so it's really hit or miss. And Aladdin and Lion King are hard to factor in because they were made a while ago. It's like how everyone shits on George Lucas even though he did make the first three Star Wars movies.

Well he only directed the first one and he's only ever directed two good movies in his life, the other being American Graffiti.

Imp

Lifer
Feb 8, 2000
Just premiered here... it's okay.

Better than the Clone Wars one just because we know this one doesn't end with
everyone horribly butchered and the "good guys" turning into the butchers
. Seriously need a spoiler on a 30 year old movie...

Mide

Golden Member
Mar 27, 2008
Clones was better but at least there's new SW stuff now. A bit too kiddy though.

JEDI

Lifer
Sep 25, 2001
Clones was better but at least there's new SW stuff now. A bit too kiddy though.

Rebels was renewed for a 2nd season.
I was surprised at that.

ratings for Rebels is 1/2 that of Clone Wars season 5. (and a fraction of Clone wars season 1)

ViperXX

Platinum Member
Nov 2, 2001
Rebels was renewed for a 2nd season.
I was surprised at that.

ratings for Rebels is 1/2 that of Clone Wars season 5. (and a fraction of Clone wars season 1)

It's Star Wars. You could shit a R2D2 droid and it would get renewed for a 2nd season.