Star Wars DVD imports! Anyone help me out?

Chef0083

Golden Member
Dec 9, 1999
First of all you see these things all over e-gay and what not so i was wondering:
1. Are they For real? In other words not bootlegged.
2. IF so does anyone have them?
3. If you do how is the picture quality?

I know that Lucas is finally getting off his duff and atleast saying that he will be realeasing them here next( just episode eps 4, 5, and 6 ) year but it's so hard to wait.....

D

Chooie

Platinum Member
Nov 8, 1999
None of these can be legit... they're probably just the regular movie vidcapped and burned onto a DVD.

Chef0083

Golden Member
Dec 9, 1999
I don't think so Chooie,, I have seen them on legit sites that import stuff from HK( of course now that I need to know where I can't remember, I'll try to find the link). Now granted they were alot more expensive than the ones you see on egay.....

Chef0083

Golden Member
Dec 9, 1999
ARGH,, I can't remember where it was!! I may have it on the home puter,, I will link it here if I do........:D

DirkBelig

Banned
Oct 15, 1999
>>Are they For real? In other words not bootlegged.

No. The original Trilogy is available on LaserDisc, but TPM is only available on LaserDisc in Japan. Any DVDs have prolly been made from the LDs.

>>IF so does anyone have them?

Who's anyone? Stores or peeps here?

>>If you do how is the picture quality?

I dunno. No guarantees with booters.

Chef0083

Golden Member
Dec 9, 1999
LOB the ones I have seen are DVDs!

Dirk has a good point,, if they were bootlegged I would bet that would be the source they used.

When I was asking about quality I meant it anyone here had them what did they think. About it and what not. I don't think I would be willing to take the risk of getting them unless it was pretty cheap. I just hate seeing them around.. makes me so anxious..;)

Total Refected Power

Diamond Member
Oct 13, 1999
Chef:

The original trilogy DVD's are transfers from the LASERDICS. The Phantom Menace is on LaserDisc in Japan (legit) and on VCD. I imported the VCD version of the Phantom Menace for playing in my portable DVD. It is worse than VHS but the soundtrack is awesome. As far as getting the bootleg DVD look at eb@y. I don't own them so I can't comment.

Shazam

Golden Member
Dec 15, 1999
Erm, *cough* I have them on DVD (bootleg of course) *cough*. Video is not too great, but the sound is to die for.

Chef0083

Golden Member
Dec 9, 1999
Yeah I have a the vcd of ep1 and the video is nothing to write home about but the audio is pretty awesome.

Thanks for the info guys...;)

beat mania

Platinum Member
Jan 23, 2000
If you're getting the LD, be warned that the alien language is subtitled in Japanese, so if you haven't remember your TPM lines and can't read Japanese it isn't so good I would imagine.
The LD version is great, I don't see why people HAVE to see a DVD release. If you care enough about video in the first place you'd have an LD player anyway.