Star Band. Internet through Dish Network.

edro

Lifer
Apr 5, 2002
OMG! I heard that you could get internet through DISH network..... Here it is!

WTF Look at those prices! My parents live out in the country and wanted faster than dial-up, but that is freakin ridiculous!

$499 just for the modem, then another $100 a month with a minimum 12 month plan! That is $1700 for the first year, for internet speeds that are prolly SLOWER than Road Runner!

Queasy

Moderator<br>Console Gaming
Aug 24, 2001
They market satellite internet to those that live out in areas where it is nigh-impossible to get broadband any other way because they know they can't compete with the cable companies and phone companies in the heavily populated areas. Thus, they can jack rates up like that.

no0b

Diamond Member
Jul 23, 2001
Originally posted by: n0cmonkey
How important is it to them? Why not just team up two modems or move?

Yea I'm sure getting a 2nd phone line and a differnet isp to allow you to have 2 connections at once will be a sh|t load cheaper. Hell just get 4 phone lines it will still be cheaper.

n0cmonkey

Elite Member
Jun 10, 2001
Originally posted by: no0b
Originally posted by: n0cmonkey
How important is it to them? Why not just team up two modems or move?

Yea I'm sure getting a 2nd phone line and a differnet isp to allow you to have 2 connections at once will be a sh|t load cheaper. Hell just get 4 phone lines it will still be cheaper.

2 connections on two computers or "shotgunning" modems? I was trying to say "shotgun" the modems, which would require 1 ISP, but possibly two accounts.

no0b

Diamond Member
Jul 23, 2001
I meant shotgunning

I usually refer it to ISDN eventhou its not digital it is still using 2 phone lines and has the same speeds with normal 56k connections.

hrrrmm 4 modems in one computer now that would be strange.