Staples Email only sale

allisolm

Elite Member
Administrator
Jan 2, 2001
Staples Email only sale
Not exactly email only since it's on the Staples home page under Specials - "Staples Brand Event".

Up to 50% off on select Staples brand items. Online only.

AMD K9

Jan 13, 2005
Anyone know if you can return an unopened item back past the 30 days in Staples? I was waiting for their micro shredder to go on sale but it never did and I bought one in Nov 06. I used it and it works great. Now they have it for $179 - 30 easy rebate, and I want that easy rebate. Can I buy one now and take it back unopened if a few days without a receipt or with my old receipt? That way I can use the new receipt to submit the easy rebate without affecting the returned shredder.

Pretty Cool

Jan 20, 2000
Originally posted by: Edwood
DMCA nonsense.

-Ed

Actually, the Staples coupon ban began after there was a certain code was posted and abused here. It was an either an internal-use only or hacked coupon. Regardless, it some crazy discount like $50 off $50. Staples complained and the result is that only public codes are allowed here.

imported_cheapdude

Mar 4, 2007
Originally posted by: Pretty Cool
Originally posted by: Edwood
DMCA nonsense.

-Ed

Actually, the Staples coupon ban began after there was a certain code was posted and abused here. It was an either an internal-use only or hacked coupon. Regardless, it some crazy discount like $50 off $50. Staples complained and the result is that only public codes are allowed here.

Way back pre-2000, I remember some 200 dollar off ones.
But no one cares back then.

Tomer

Dec 5, 2001
I enjoy this forum, as a matter of fact I'm getting ready to post yet another good deal right after this post. However, everytime I see a coupon code deleted off the forum it boils my blood. It wouldn't piss me off so much except I can go to 50 other sites that have the exact same information listed, FatWallet in particular.

I can see erring on the said of safe, but I have yet to hear of anyone actually getting sued for posting a coupon code. Has never happened and frankly, I don't believe it ever will.

These corporations like to advertise deals they really don't want to offer (Try getting some of the best deals at Staples even a few hours after the Sunday flyer is released. They are virtually always OOS and the truck that is promised to deliver more never seems to arrive in time).

Instead of upgrading to an E-commerce system which could properly allow the selective application of coupons they would rather sit around and rub their firesticks together, threatening the free exchange of information.

Here is a good example. As we all know, Staples must be hurting. The have castrated their Rewards program and getting a decent coupon lately has been like a 20-year married guy getting some squirrel, few and far between. When they advertised the $15 off $75 coupons on MSN recently I personally printed 50. Of those I have used over 20 now. Had the coupons not been available, instead of selling me over $1500 worth of merchandize they would have sold me maybe $150 or less in the same time frame. Coupons are the only thing that makes Staples prices competitive with other online retailers.

AkumaX

Lifer
Apr 20, 2000
Originally posted by: Tomer
I can see erring on the said of safe, but I have yet to hear of anyone actually getting sued for posting a coupon code. Has never happened and frankly, I don't believe it ever will.

i think AT actually got sued many moons ago