Staples: cheap 4" x 6" reclosable 6 mil poly bags, and 1 meter micro USB cords in 2 bright colors

Mike64

Platinum Member
Apr 22, 2011
Staples 4" x 6" reclosable poly bags, 6.0 mil, 500/case, $7.73
Maybe not a typical AT "hot deal", but you can't beat the base price with a proverbial stick, and while they're not anti-static, they are very useful for storing small hardware and other random stuff (and they're allegedly food-safe, to boot). Normally, I've been buying small quantities of similar, but only 4 mil, bags in various sizes at the Container Store, where the prices aren't too bad for small lots (about 10¢-20¢ ea, for sizes ranging from 2"x3"-ish to 9"x12"), but even those are almost 8 times the price of these for the same size...

They also have these 1 meter red and purple micro USB cords for $1.41 each, possibly useful if you have several things plugged in near each other at the same time. They don't say what gauge the conductors are but a couple of reviewers describe them as "heavy" (for whatever that's worth), and it probably doesn't really matter in such short cords anyway...
Staples Micro USB Charge & Sync Cable - 1 meter, red
Staples Micro USB Charge & Sync Cable - 1 meter, purple

Last edited:

Mike64

Platinum Member
Apr 22, 2011
Fwiw, I picked up my order from the store tonight and everything was as expected. I don't have a caliper that can measure anything as small as 6 mils, but the bags do seem noticeably heavier than the 4 mil bags I already had, and they seem well made (or well enough made, anyway.) As for the cables, they're nothing to get excited about, but they're certainly fine for < $1.50 each and comparable to other "normal retail" cables that sell for their regular $5-ish price (which I wouldn't pay for a cable like this to begin with, but that's a different issue.) While they're not flimsy, I definitely wouldn't make a specific point of calling them heavy/sturdy as several reviewers on Staples' website did, though...

Last edited:

cnjmorris

Sep 18, 2004
Thank you for posting this! It didn't make it on to the other deal sites I check, where it ironically fits in better than here.... so it is very appreciated. I posted on another forum but I'm not allowed to give credit to other sites/users but if you are on that site and stumble on it message me and I'll give you rep for it =)

Mike64

Platinum Member
Apr 22, 2011
I'm not allowed to give credit to other sites/users
Seriously? I never realized that was a Slickdeals rule, I guess that's just one more nail in the coffin of heinousness that site has become, afaic... But anyway, no problem about re-posting it there. I intentionally didn't post there because 90% of the comments to just about any deal post (or other substantive comment) there just end up making my head come dangerously close to exploding, and since I so rarely find anything worth buying there these days, I feel no particular obligation to "give back" to that particular, er, "community" (very much for lack of a better term.<lol>)

cnjmorris

Sep 18, 2004
Seriously? I never realized that was a Slickdeals rule, I guess that's just one more nail in the coffin of heinousness that site has become, afaic... But anyway, no problem about re-posting it there. I intentionally didn't post there because 90% of the comments to just about any deal post (or other substantive comment) there just end up making my head come dangerously close to exploding, and since I so rarely find anything worth buying there these days, I feel no particular obligation to "give back" to that particular, er, "community" (very much for lack of a better term.<lol>)

Well, to be fair I don't know what the current rule is... some sites are off limits to mention, then they aren't, they change things. I don't see people doing it, and I've seen some comments about not doing it so as it was my first deal post ever I showed caution. YOUR deal trended and got decent up votes (89% said great deal), so you helped some people find something useful... which is why I use these sites. I understand what you are saying but I ignore the comments. I lurk these sites, I find lots of deal, and it was nice to be able to share your deal and help a few people. Every deal I find someone else has posted, so whatever the comments... we shared a good deal. I don't care about the community there... individuals helped me find deals and I liked helping a few individuals.

Keep posting!