Standup Citizen George Zimmerman

First

Lifer
Jun 3, 2002
http://miami.cbslocal.com/2014/09/12/police-george-zimmerman-named-in-fla-road-rage-incident/

ORLANDO (CBSMiami/AP) — The man acquitted in the shooting death of unarmed Miami Gardens teen Trayvon Martin may be in trouble with the law again.

Police say a driver has reported that George Zimmerman threatened to kill him after a confrontation on the road.

Police are investigating two reports involving the driver and 30-year-old Zimmerman, who was acquitted in 2013 of a second-degree murder charge for shooting unarmed teenager Trayvon Martin.

Police say that on Tuesday, the man called police after a truck pulled up next to him and the driver yelled, “Why are you pointing a finger at me?”

Police spokeswoman Bianca Gillett says the man recognized the truck driver as Zimmerman. The man says Zimmerman asked, “Do you know who I am?” and threatened to kill him.

Two days later, the man says he saw Zimmerman in his truck outside his work. He called police but declined to press charges. His name hasn’t been released.

Lake Mary police had two previous encounters with Zimmerman last year, once when his estranged wife, Shellie Zimmerman, told police he had threatened her and her father. She later declined to press charges.

In a second incident, Zimmerman was arrested and accused of domestic violence by a girlfriend, who later changed her story and dropped charges.

4 violent incidents since Trayvon Martin. Clearly, this delicate individual is simply a misunderstood man.

Hope Zimmerman's cheerleaders are proud this guy is free to be, uh, something.

First

Lifer
Jun 3, 2002
The fact that the man said it happened doesn't mean it happened.

Yes indeed.

Of course, it strains credulity to think Zimmerman's streak of threatening encounters is merely coincidental, and it would be quite odd for the unidentified man to file a made-up police report unless something serious occurred.

Triumph

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Call me a Zimmerman apologist if you like, but honestly, the man was thrust from complete no-name Joe obscurity, directly into extreme public scrutiny of every aspect of his life for over a year, with half of the people of this country hating his guts. You think you'd be able to go back to "life as normal" after that?

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
Call me a Zimmerman apologist if you like, but honestly, the man was thrust from complete no-name Joe obscurity, directly into extreme public scrutiny of every aspect of his life for over a year, with half of the people of this country hating his guts. You think you'd be able to go back to "life as normal" after that?
Actions have consequences.

First

Lifer
Jun 3, 2002

Yeah I get that, not saying at all it has been easy for him, especially if he did indeed act responsibly that cold Florida night.

However, he is what he is now, and that's what people in FL are having to deal with.

Greenman

Lifer
Oct 15, 1999
So he should have been jailed for a crime he apparently didn't commit? And now all those that accepted the outcome should be ashamed because he might be an ass?

You have some really strange logic going there.

First

Lifer
Jun 3, 2002
So he should have been jailed for a crime he apparently didn't commit? And now all those that accepted the outcome should be ashamed because he might be an ass?

Nope, I'm saying that 1) nobody really knows exactly what went down that night (other than Zimmerman), and 2) as a result, those who were cheerleading for the guy (i.e. shouting from the rooftops "Give him the benefit of the doubt!") might regret it now that it's quite clear the dude is troubled, with threatening, passive aggressive and violent behavior following him long after the Martin verdict.

emperus

Diamond Member
Apr 6, 2012

Apparently didn't commit. Has anything he's done since the trial made you feel comfortable saying "he apparently didn't commit" that crime.

I mean he told a guy he would kill him then followed the guy to his work. Doesn't that sound eerily familiar? Rage - Check. Violent - Check. Doesn't have qualms following and confronting people - Check.

But it's hard to believe he confronted a kid at night when he had a gun on him.

Last edited:

nehalem256

Lifer
Apr 13, 2012
Apparently didn't commit. Has anything he's done since the trial made you feel comfortable saying "he apparently didn't commit" that crime.

I mean he told a guy he would kill him then followed the guy to his work. Doesn't that sound eerily familiar? Rage - Check. Violent - Check. Doesn't have qualms following people - Check.

Person he followed ended up dead - [ ]

No check mark there. Wonder what the difference is?:hmm:

chucky2

Lifer
Dec 9, 1999
If he had stayed home that night instead of going all vigilante, everyone would have been better off.

What in gods name has made your mind so screwed up you'd have logic such as this in it? GZ didn't need to stay anywhere that night, he was on a public street and then public property - just like TM was. The event that night that turned GZ and TM from strangers passing in the night to national spotlight (of course, other than Trump using The Media to get paid) was a racist going to cause trouble - that is, TM going back from the home he made it back to to intercept and then ultimately assault GZ.

This was discussed extensively in the 17 Year Old Thug Racist Who Is Portrayed By The Media As A 11 Year Old Boy thread. I cannot believe people are still going with these crazy reasonings after all the evidence dumps, the trail, and the scrutiny here it was under...

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Yes they do. Now that we're in agreement, what exactly is your point?

that if Zimmerman truly was the helpless victim of media scrutiny turning him into the false monster that he was portrayed as, then maybe he shouldn't be reinforcing that image in public?

just a thought.

First

Lifer
Jun 3, 2002
What in gods name has made your mind so screwed up you'd have logic such as this in it? GZ didn't need to stay anywhere that night, he was on a public street and then public property - just like TM was. The event that night that turned GZ and TM from strangers passing in the night to national spotlight (of course, other than Trump using The Media to get paid) was a racist going to cause trouble - that is, TM going back from the home he made it back to to intercept and then ultimately assault GZ.

This was discussed extensively in the 17 Year Old Thug Racist Who Is Portrayed By The Media As A 11 Year Old Boy thread. I cannot believe people are still going with these crazy reasonings after all the evidence dumps, the trail, and the scrutiny here it was under...

lol

nehalem256

Lifer
Apr 13, 2012
I think the better question is how does George Zimmerman keep getting all these people to drop charges after he assaults them?:hmm:

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009

Even if what you say is true, TM wouldn't have gone back if there was never an initial encounter to begin with.

soundforbjt

Lifer
Feb 15, 2002

I missed that during the trial...don't think that was ever proven.:\

On the other hand, I predict it's just a matter of time till Georgie snaps.

Joepublic2

Golden Member
Jan 22, 2005
Wow, how many decades are shitlibs going to be butthurt over this? It's the gift that keeps on giving.

Can't simmer the zimmer. :D