Question "standard Nano receiver" for logitech, cheap?

GunsMadeAmericaFree

Golden Member
Jan 23, 2007
I've been very happy with the Logitech M310 mouse that I've purchased. I also got one for a co-worker, and 2 for computers at home.
Somehow, we misplaced the wireless dongle for one at home, and now my co-worker has done the same for hers. I'd like to buy 2.

I've verified that this uses a "standard nano receiver", and not the "unifying receiver" that I see advertised a lot of places.

I've seen these M310 wireless mice refurbished for as little as $7 each, but that price doesn't include the nano receiver. With as tiny as they
are, I'm sure that Logitech gets them manufactured for something like $2 - $3 each.

I'm tempted to just buy a couple of the new M310 mice for a $15 each deal that I've seen, but it would feel wasteful.
Surely there's a way to get a couple of Nano receivers (NOT the unifying ones) for $10 or under, shipped somewhere???

VirtualLarry

No Lifer
Aug 25, 2001
Even if you could get "standard nano recievers" - how would you go about pairing them to the mice that you have?

Each nano dongle is "burned" with a 128-bit encryption key for the matching device. The "Unifying" models can be re-programmed just so many times.

mindless1

Diamond Member
Aug 11, 2001
I've seen these M310 wireless mice refurbished for as little as $7 each, but that price doesn't include the nano receiver.

Are you certain of this? It does not make a lot of sense for a true "refurbished" (rather than just some kid selling junk on ebay) wireless mouse to not come with the receiver required to use it.

Regardless, I'd ask in logitech's forum otherwise, assuming it's still around, not shut down because they felt it too much of a burden to bother.

GunsMadeAmericaFree

Golden Member
Jan 23, 2007
Are you certain of this? It does not make a lot of sense for a true "refurbished" (rather than just some kid selling junk on ebay) wireless mouse to not come with the receiver required to use it.

Regardless, I'd ask in logitech's forum otherwise, assuming it's still around, not shut down because they felt it too much of a burden to bother.

That's how they are selling them on Ebay - "refurbished", without the receiver. It seems like the receiver has more value than the mouse itself does. But if they are selling them without the receiver, there must be some way to use them with a replacement dongle, right?

mindless1

Diamond Member
Aug 11, 2001
Best price I saw was $10, but shipped from China so a month wait. If you can wait that long then you might look on Aliexpress for cheaper.

or used, $10 for mouse and receiver

Jimminy

May 19, 2020
I bought several logitech mice for my wife a few years ago on ebay. They were new, and appear genuine, but came without the "unifying" dongle. Recently, wife lost her mouse, so we used the logitech program to add a couple of these new mice. It worked perfectly.

I realize OP's mouse is different and doesn't use this "unifying" gizmo, but the point is that you can get brand new mice on ebay without the dongle. I have no idea how he can reprogram the "nano" gizmo to work though.

One would think that there would be a way, though, unless the seller is shady, and just unloading worthless junk.