"This product was added to our catalog on Tuesday 30 December, 1969."

Found that interesting.

wchou

Banned
Dec 1, 2004
Originally posted by: xirtam

Found that interesting.
you do? funny, i didn't even notice this!

xirtam

Diamond Member
Aug 25, 2001
I still ordered, and it shipped the other day, so I'm guessing it's a valid deal, but you're right, it did take 4-5 days to ship.

wchou

Banned
Dec 1, 2004
Originally posted by: SleepWalkerX
how are they?

like shop4tech sonic dvd-r 4x but cheaper by a margin due to easier to manufacture, no extra white coating on top aka white top printable. they can be burned sucessfully at 8x on any nec 35xx burner using modified firmware. verified for quality and it was as good as any brand name dvd-r.

wchou

Banned
Dec 1, 2004
I still ordered, and it shipped the other day, so I'm guessing it's a valid deal, but you're right, it did take 4-5 days to ship.
I guess that all depends what kind of mood their in, often shipped within 48 hours or 3-4 days at the latest.. :Q
You can't complain since it's free shipping and that is entirely up to them when to ship out.

xirtam

Diamond Member
Aug 25, 2001
Haven't tried them yet, but I got them in today... 4 spindles X 50 dvd's each.

I'll post back when I try a few.

INXSible

May 20, 2003
Originally posted by: wchou
how are they?

like shop4tech sonic dvd-r 4x but cheaper by a margin due to easier to manufacture, no extra white coating on top aka white top printable. they can be burned sucessfully at 8x on any nec 35xx burner using modified firmware. "verified for quality and it was as good as any brand name dvd-r".

PIF numbers and software used for quality verification, please.
"Shiny" or "Matte" finish on top of discs?

wchou

Banned
Dec 1, 2004
You do realise now that dvd-r in packs of 200 have risen to 42.00 bucks instead of the previous 32.50-36.00 a few months ago? dvd+r was 42.00 a few months back... because of this price difference dvd+r didn't sell well so now their just lowering their prices to get rid of the inventory. What can I say? A great time to buy it.

INXSible

May 20, 2003
how are they?

like shop4tech sonic dvd-r 4x but cheaper by a margin due to easier to manufacture, no extra white coating on top aka white top printable. they can be burned sucessfully at 8x on any nec 35xx burner using modified firmware. verified for quality and it was as good as any brand name dvd-r.

Which Brand Name are you comparing it with?

wchou

Banned
Dec 1, 2004
This is good media, maybe incompatible with some burner. YMMV
Just ordered another batch a few days also and it was shipped the next day.. Not too shabby low price media.

wchou

Banned
Dec 1, 2004
Originally posted by: INXSible
how are they?

like shop4tech sonic dvd-r 4x but cheaper by a margin due to easier to manufacture, no extra white coating on top aka white top printable. they can be burned sucessfully at 8x on any nec 35xx burner using modified firmware. "verified for quality and it was as good as any brand name dvd-r".

It's shiny which is better then matte that are not easily scratched. I've used nero to burn it and cd/dvd speedtest + quality test and is decent, it's between 50-100 range on pi errors and 1-4 on pi failures. You would have to get your feet wet to see how good it really is. What do you have to lose? . . .

unclebabar

Jun 16, 2002

Found that interesting.

Thanks for the tip, OP. Some other interesting/funny things on the site, on the specials page, it has a bunch of things with one price crossed out and the same price uncrossed next to it, except for the dvd-rws at the bottom formerly $24, now only $29, what a bargain, you "save" negative $5!

wchou

Banned
Dec 1, 2004
Well I'm not promoting anything else you know, the only thing I think that are worth buying is their bargain deals on this media. Please ignore that "This product was added to our catalog on Tuesday 30 December, 1969." It is their sense of humor :)
I think that's when the company was formed which used a different trademark awhile back. You know how company switch names like ATT to Bellsouth, SouthWestern Bell?
What really amazes me is that people tend to ignore deals like this if it's cheapest saying it's crap, it's not. People in China or Mexico would pay any price for this kind of media. I think we're all too spoiled by high quality media like Taiyo Yuden.

ronetone

Oct 27, 2004
i've used the house brand media from that site and alot of my burns ended up with coasters, so you get what you pay for.

wchou

Banned
Dec 1, 2004
Originally posted by: ronetone
i've used the house brand media from that site and alot of my burns ended up with coasters, so you get what you pay for.

That's unbelievable your burner does not like this kind of media or maybe your burner has some defects that doesn't allow to burn well with all types of media. I've burned 100 so far and not a single coaster.

wchou

Banned
Dec 1, 2004
FYI, this media burns well even at 8x, with most brand of burner such as liteon, sony, benq, nec or anything that has a media code editor built for it at cdfreaks.com

It takes about 9min53sec.

cremefilled

Golden Member
Mar 25, 2000
If you look at the pricewatch reviews of this company, almost everything recent has been very negative. . . and then you get to consecutive positive reviews that were pretty clearly written by the company itself (posted within a very short time period). Still, this is a good price, and the best price around right now.

wchou

Banned
Dec 1, 2004
Look at how many reviews they got, there will always be some bad apple that are too spoiled and just ranting their anger at a company due to dissatisfaction. Who is perfect? Even newegg have angry customer who is never pleased with anything. 3/4 positive out of 411 is not too shabby. Do you expect 90-100 percent positive reviews for you to consider a good company?

feelingshorter

Platinum Member
May 5, 2004
Originally posted by: INXSible
how are they?

It's shiny which is better then matte that are not easily scratched. I've used nero to burn it and cd/dvd speedtest + quality test and is decent, it's between 50-100 range on pi errors and 1-4 on pi failures. You would have to get your feet wet to see how good it really is. What do you have to lose? . . .

money buying some "random" 3rd grade quality media.

dethman

Lifer
Oct 12, 1999
Look at how many reviews they got, there will always be some bad apple that are too spoiled and just ranting their anger at a company due to dissatisfaction. Who is perfect? Even newegg have angry customer who is never pleased with anything. 3/4 positive out of 411 is not too shabby. Do you expect 90-100 percent positive reviews for you to consider a good company?

absolutely a company should be able to have a 95-100% positive rating. all they have to do is accept the money and ship.

if they fvck up 3 in 10 orders for a 30% dissatisfaction rate that's just incompetence and i would never deal with that company.

wchou

Banned
Dec 1, 2004

lots of company have bad rating what matter is how many ratings they have. :)
The more rating means they have more people buying from them. I judge it was my own experince, if it works well for you ignore what others said. People tend to follow the crowd and the crowd are not always right. It can be other problems not relating to their orders such as their computer blew up, or their not in a bad mood and need something to rant their anger at to feel better themselves. some does it to drive away customers from company they hate without a passion.

There's a lot of crazy people in the world who are addicted to crack, beer, cigarette. Why do they do all these bad thing? the crowd out numbers the minority?

wchou

Banned
Dec 1, 2004
For those who don't have money to burn but rather have more dvd to burn this is the best deal. It doesn't get any cheaper then this. Quality of disc is decent, there are no flaws in it such as smears or defects that would give coaster at 3gb and above like most cheap media.

xirtam

Diamond Member
Aug 25, 2001
They took awhile to ship, but I got mine ok. I'm satisfied with the dvds so far.