Stalker mods

tigersty1e

Golden Member
Dec 13, 2004
What are some good mods out there?

Can different mods be added together?

I was thinking of the weather mod (pitch black at night) and another mod that increased the carry weight to 70KG.

tigersty1e

Golden Member
Dec 13, 2004
So I downloaded the rebalanced mod, but the install directions say to just install the game files into my Stalker folder. Won't that overwrite the vanilla files?

Can you install multiple mods and play vanilla if you wanted?

Canai

Diamond Member
Oct 4, 2006
Originally posted by: tigersty1e
So I downloaded the rebalanced mod, but the install directions say to just install the game files into my Stalker folder. Won't that overwrite the vanilla files?

Can you install multiple mods and play vanilla if you wanted?

It won't overwrite anything other than other mods. All the mod files go into a directory in your STALKER folder, and to play vanilla you just need to move the folder out of the STALKER dir. When you are installing multiple mods, you have to check to see if the files will overwrite each other. Config files are usually the most problematic, but you just need to figure out what changes the various mods make to the config files and then add all the changes to a single main config. There's a mod manager out there (I'd link it, but I'm at work) that will install the mods for you and tell you if there are any file conflicts.

Canai

Diamond Member
Oct 4, 2006
Originally posted by: kirilus
Originally posted by: Canai
Originally posted by: Sylvanas
Don't forget Float32 makes the game look nicer and run better :).

Included in 1.003 or 1.004 patch.

Float32 was supposed to be included in 1.005 but it was not. You have to install it separately.

Float32's creator said it was and that it was unnecessary to install it, so I dunno. If it was the 1.005 version though, OP should still install it and use version 1.004 to avoid all the save game problems.

duragezic

Lifer
Oct 11, 1999
The only mod I've played was faiakes v2.4.

It really is just a large collection of mods. Most of them are very good though. There are a lot of new weapons and items, based on real guns and whatnot, so there's the FN2000, G36, SVD, MP5, pistols like the 1911, Beretta, USP Compact, Walther P99, etc, lots of new armors, ammo types, and a lot of new skins for them.

And the traders sell pretty much everything, so if you have the money you can buy the good stuff and not have to pick it up off a body. The scopes and silencers can be attached to pretty much every rifle and pistol. The silencers are much more useful since the enemy AI is modified so that they don't hear a silenced shot so easily.

No time limit on side quests, the max load you can carry is increased greatly although it is adjustable as an option, non degrading weapons and armor, and tons more.

Overall, I found it to be very good. One thing is that it made the game much easier, since you can buy everything right away, and the weight limit is so high, you can collect tons of loot, get a lot of money and get uber equipment much earlier than you could before. So I'd suggest playing on a harder difficulty than you normally would, or lower the weight limit so you can't get so much money easily.

I prefer it to vanilla Stalker mostly due to the variety of weapons to use, but it makes a lot of good changes.

It is one of the largest Stalker mods, sort of like a total conversion you might call it. Note that it is only compatible up to 1.004 (unless there is a new version of the mod recently).

Another large, total conversion-like mod is ABC Inferno.

nitro28

Dec 11, 2004
I agree faiakes is a great mod. you can use the cheat-priced rifle and suit right off the bat or save them for harder parts later. A lot more fun for me than unmodded. Just make sure you only have the 1.004 patch. It doesn't work with 1.005 yet

Sylvanas

Diamond Member
Jan 20, 2004
Originally posted by: kirilus
Originally posted by: Sylvanas
Don't forget Float32 makes the game look nicer and run better :).

Included in 1.003 or 1.004 patch.

Float32 was supposed to be included in 1.005 but it was not. You have to install it separately.

Float32's creator said it was and that it was unnecessary to install it, so I dunno. If it was the 1.005 version though, OP should still install it and use version 1.004 to avoid all the save game problems.

GSC intended to have JJwalker's Float32 in a retail patch, I remember JJ posted that on his site, but at the last minute it was pulled and thus you need to install float32 separately. Anyway Float32 was recently updated to V2.0 with much eye candy improvements over that of 1.7b.