Stalker 2

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

bejellio

Mar 29, 2021
Thank you for posting this. I had no idea they were making a new STALKER. Enjoyed the first one. Some reason, did not play the others. I think life got busy.

Will have to dig those up.

HarryWalker

Banned
Apr 2, 2021
It is a masterpiece! All my youth I played a stalker and finally waited for part 2, now I have to buy a new PC :D

Artorias

Platinum Member
Feb 8, 2014
New trailer and also up for pre-order on Steam.(April 2022 Release). I have to say I'm not impressed with the pre-order, they are already planning DLC/story expansions, doesn't feel right with how high the price of the game is already.

The game looks fantastic, not sure about the gameplay yet. Will reserve judgment until its out.

Last edited:
Reactions: Igo69

Igo69

Apr 26, 2015
Not surprising with pre-order, every company has been doing this for a long time now.

Impressive graphics.

Igo69

Apr 26, 2015
Specs are out:

Minimum requirements :

• CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600X / Intel Core i5-7600K
  • RAM: 8GB
  • GPU: AMD Radeon RX 580 8GB / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
  • Storage: 150GB

Recommended Requirements :

• CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X / Intel Core i7-9700K
  • RAM: 16GB
  • GPU: Radeon RX 5700 XT 8GB / GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER 8GB / GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB
  • Storage: 150GB

Stg-Flame

Diamond Member
Mar 10, 2007
Minimum requirements :
  • GPU: AMD Radeon RX 580 8GB / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
Well there it is. I was wondering when my PC would finally cease to meet the minimums for newer games. Now the questions remains if I should start to build when the 3080 Ti cards are new or wait for the 4XXX gen to hit before I build an even better PC.

DigDog

Lifer
Jun 3, 2011
there's new videos, i saw some posted today.

1. graphics look good. really good.
2. map is the same AGAIN.

Look .. mixed feelings, ok?
i've now played 3 stalker games, and they are ALL based on the same maps, same story.
On one hand, i like stalker. The gameplay is really interesting, the combination of map + anomaly while looking for artifacts is an interesting gameplay mechanic, they have always gotten better with the first 3 games, so i'm sure this will be even better, but JMFC can you not design a new map ?

3. looks like GSC / Deep Silver is again working with them. They do QA. They did not do a good QA previously. Like, not at all.

Anyway, release date is 1 year away. Who knows if i will even be alive.

Igo69

Apr 26, 2015
Well there it is. I was wondering when my PC would finally cease to meet the minimums for newer games. Now the questions remains if I should start to build when the 3080 Ti cards are new or wait for the 4XXX gen to hit before I build an even better PC.

What is the point of playing this game on low settings! Look at the graphics, holy cow I've never seen such impressive graphics since Metro Exodus and Resident Evil Village.
Will we be able to buy new cards anytime? How absurd that we can't buy a new good GPU today.

It is good that it's coming out in 2022. This is the time when I plan to build a new computer myself since my comp is already 6 years old.

Zenoth

Diamond Member
Jan 29, 2005

I'd say wait for the next Nvidia and/or Amd gen cards (4000 series at least). But the 'catch' is that the 4000 series (or Amd's next gen cards, too) will also be massively intercepted by resellers. Maybe the cryptomining issue will be decreased for those cards; but not the resellers who want to make a profit from them on eBay and such places. So what I think might happen, is that resellers will focus their attention on the then-new next gen cards, while trying to 'get rid' of their previous (current gen) cards. So the 3000 series cards will see their prices drop, maybe even their MSRP will drop too. If that does happen, then that would be the best time to buy the 3000 series cards (or Amd's 6800 series maybe).

I think it will become a new standard in the future. That a newly-released "next generation" of cards will not be possible to purchase in regular online stores for many months, if not more than a year following release; and that the only thing consumers willing to just pay for regular MSRP prices will always have to rely on buying the previous gen cards. Always being one generation behind. I can absolutely see that happening for the coming years. I'm in the same boat anyway. Not that my GTX 1080 is a bad card by itself, but I did buy a new 27" 144hz monitor (in early 2020) but when the new cards came out they were already sold out, then... well now it's history. Can't find one on Newegg, or Bestbuy, or my local PC store or anywhere at all. I would have to do like everyone and go on eBay and buy myself an RTX 3080 for a whopping $3000+ (Canadian dollars). It's on a retarded level at this point.

So any modern game in my "wishlist" has to wait. The only exception happened to be Cyberjunk 2077, and well... of course, I can't run the game at more than maybe 28 to 33 FPS at 2K resolution on mostly maxed settings (some aren't at max, had to reduce a couple of them a few ticks lower on the sliders). It's definitely not a pleasant situation, overall. So yeah, I'd say wait for the 4000 series and cross your finger that the side effect will be a price reduction across the board on all previous generation cards.

Artorias

Platinum Member
Feb 8, 2014
Dont even bother with a used 3XXX series, you don't want a card that's been run into ground mining 24/7. They're damaged goods in my opinion.

Last edited:

Stg-Flame

Diamond Member
Mar 10, 2007
Will we be able to buy new cards anytime? How absurd that we can't buy a new good GPU today.

It is good that it's coming out in 2022. This is the time when I plan to build a new computer myself since my comp is already 6 years old.
There's a lot of speculation about the new covid cases dropping meaning production can go back into full swing which should address the supply problem, but I wouldn't hold my breath. As long as people are still paying $3k for a new card, I suspect they will keep production lower than it used to be.

I'd say wait for the next Nvidia and/or Amd gen cards (4000 series at least). But the 'catch' is that the 4000 series (or Amd's next gen cards, too) will also be massively intercepted by resellers. Maybe the cryptomining issue will be decreased for those cards; but not the resellers who want to make a profit from them on eBay and such places. So what I think might happen, is that resellers will focus their attention on the then-new next gen cards, while trying to 'get rid' of their previous (current gen) cards. So the 3000 series cards will see their prices drop, maybe even their MSRP will drop too. If that does happen, then that would be the best time to buy the 3000 series cards (or Amd's 6800 series maybe).
That's kinda what I meant. I never buy a top of the line GPU because the prices have always been outrageous, but the moment the next series hits the market, the last gen prices drop drastically. I remember I grabbed my 980 Ti around the time the 1XXX series hit and this 980 dropped about $300 overnight. I always build a PC with future-proofing in mind since I can grab a decent card at the time of the build but upgrade it later down the road if I want. Besides, I still have at least 100+ games in my backlog to keep me busy until prices start to drop and while my PC is slowly falling apart, I have enough duct tape and bailing wire to hold it together long enough.

Igo69

Apr 26, 2015
:hearteyes:
FGJdLDAXoAMDbmN

CP5670

Diamond Member
Jun 24, 2004
One of my old video cards came with Clear Sky, but I could never get into it and stopped playing after a few hours. It seemed like a much more hardcore and janky version of Fallout.

Stg-Flame

Diamond Member
Mar 10, 2007
- That looks like an incredibly inopportune time to be loading a shotgun, especially one that only holds two shells...
It's Stalker. I guarantee you he's walking backwards into an anomaly or a stork is mid-leap somewhere off the screen.

Also, seriously guys, stop posting screenshots and videos. Stalker is one series that I will fangirl hard enough for that I'll go buy a new PC just to play it on or near launch. It's also one series where I feel pretty comfortable playing on launch because I can rest easy knowing any bugs I encounter during that day-one play through will still be there in ten years.

Artorias

Platinum Member
Feb 8, 2014
One of my old video cards came with Clear Sky, but I could never get into it and stopped playing after a few hours. It seemed like a much more hardcore and janky version of Fallout.

Clear Sky is the buggiest and roughest game in the series. It requires one of the bug fix mods because the whole faction AI system is a bit of a mess. Call of Pripyat is the most polished of the 3 current games.

Apparently this game was supposed to have an NFT. Thank goodness those plans were cancelled.

Last edited:

Igo69

Apr 26, 2015
:rolleyes: I dont get it why they even said the release of February 2022 when the game was announced about 2 years ago? Massive games like that takes AT LEAST 4-5 years to make

Artorias

Platinum Member
Feb 8, 2014
Hahaha. I was just going to mention that there will be a 99% chance of delay. Nothing every develops smoothly at GSC.

You might as well book Jan-Feb 2023. At least that gives you another 7 months minimum to find a GPU. :)

Reactions: Stg-Flame