ST: Voyager (mini-rant)

Kadarin

Lifer
Nov 23, 2001
Tonight's Voyager ep ("Tuvix") is pretty good, but yesterday's...

"The Thaw" (1996): A maniacal clown thwarts the crew's attempts to revive hibernating humanoids.

I'd like to know who the hell came up with that one, and why that person was hired in the first place. That has to be the stupidest Star Trek plot ever.. I even tried to watch a few minutes of it, but gave up in disgust as it was so bad. I could eat a licensed copy of Microsoft Office and poop a better script than that..

ohtwell

Lifer
Jan 6, 2002
Everyone makes mistakes!! I guess that was one, of many, for the writer(s). :)

: ) Amanda

Aves

Lifer
Feb 7, 2001
"The Thaw" sucks, we just deleted it from the Replay. The next couple episodes are from the end of Season 2 and are OK.

I'm hoping they air Season 3 here next week 'cause I haven't seen most of them.

Kadarin

Lifer
Nov 23, 2001
I'm waiting for the ones where they run into Species 8472.. I can't wait until they ditch the Kazon and run into the Borg. (Hard to believe the Kazon are the ones more or less in charge in that area of space, as they seem to be incompetent dingleberries..)

Heh.. I'm so critical today..

Aves

Lifer
Feb 7, 2001
Originally posted by: Astaroth33
I'm waiting for the ones where they run into Species 8472.. I can't wait until they ditch the Kazon and run into the Borg. (Hard to believe the Kazon are the ones more or less in charge in that area of space, as they seem to be incompetent dingleberries..)

Heh.. I'm so critical today..
That's Season 4, the Kazon suck so I look forward to seeing the Borg also.

ohtwell

Lifer
Jan 6, 2002
Originally posted by: bozo1
They stopped playing the reruns here recently. :(

They still show them here but sometimes they skip seasons. That always makes me angry. I know that there are a lot of good episodes that I have never seen because they aren't being shown. I can't wait till Voyager comes out to DVD. I will own that. :):)

BCYL

Diamond Member
Jun 7, 2000

yeah same here... Voyager used to be on every night, not it's only on once a week... they are playing DS9 instead, sucks...

klah

Diamond Member
Aug 13, 2002
Nothing is worse than the episode of DS9 where Worf spends the entire episode searching for his toothbrush.

Yossarian

Lifer
Dec 26, 2000
I think the best Voyager was the one where 7 of 9 was reading the logs from her parents' Borg research. They made it onto a cube and were able to stay hidden and observe... they made up little pet names for the Borg to keep track of them, just like researchers do for bears or whales or whatever in the field :)

ElFenix

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Mar 20, 2000
Originally posted by: ohtwell

They still show them here but sometimes they skip seasons. That always makes me angry. I know that there are a lot of good episodes that I have never seen because they aren't being shown. I can't wait till Voyager comes out to DVD. I will own that. :):)

were you a star trek fan before you met aves?

wyvrn

Lifer
Feb 15, 2000
Most of the Voyager episodes are painful for me to watch. I just didn't like the series, though I am a big Trekkie fan.

ohtwell

Lifer
Jan 6, 2002
Originally posted by: ElFenix

were you a star trek fan before you met aves?
I wasn't as much of one before I met him as I am now. :)

I liked TNG and I loved the movies. I had never heard of Voyager and DS9. He decided to watch and episode of Voager one day, I believe it was "Q2", and I tried to ignore it because I wasn't willing to give it a chance. I eventually got to the point where I couldn't keep myself from watching it anymore and ever since I've been in love with the show. I haven't seen that many episodes of DS9. They stopped showing them here. :(

JC

Diamond Member
Feb 1, 2000
Where are you guys watching these Voyager/DS9 reruns?!? I'm getting ripped off, here :|

JC

ohtwell

Lifer
Jan 6, 2002
I live in Bham and they show Voyager five days a week. No DS9 though.

Kadarin

Lifer
Nov 23, 2001
Originally posted by: JC
Where are you guys watching these Voyager/DS9 reruns?!? I'm getting ripped off, here :|

JC

Here in San Jose, CA, I get ST: TNG at 11pm on TNN, followed by ST: Voyager on Cable 12/UPN at midnight. I generally don't watch DS9, but Tivo records it once in a while.

JC

Diamond Member
Feb 1, 2000

JC

Here in San Jose, CA, I get ST: TNG at 11pm on TNN, followed by ST: Voyager on Cable 12/UPN at midnight. I generally don't watch DS9, but Tivo records it once in a while.

Huh....all I get is TOS on Sci-Fi, and TNG on TNN at 8:00. :(

Kadarin

Lifer
Nov 23, 2001

JC

Ah yes, with William Shatner, the great actor. :)

You know, if it weren't for Babylon 5, the Sci-Fi channel would suck..

ohtwell

Lifer
Jan 6, 2002

JC

Didn't that channel used to have The Dead Zone before it was moved to USA?

Kadarin

Lifer
Nov 23, 2001

JC

I believe so, and I remember seeing commercials for it pretty recently. However, I've never watched that show. Was it any good, worth watching?

ohtwell

Lifer
Jan 6, 2002

I believe so, and I remember seeing commercials for it pretty recently. However, I've never watched that show. Was it any good, worth watching?
I like that show!! :):)

There are some stupid epsiodes, as is true with any other show, but the good ones made the show worth watching IMO. :):)