SSD's almost as cheap as Raptors ?!

wwswimming

Banned
Jan 21, 2006
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820322013

Newegg had this deal on a 64GB Imation SSD drive - $119.

that's exactly what i paid for my 74 GB Raptor in 2007. just like the Imation SSD, that was also on sale.

is there something wrong with the Imation, or are SSD's "getting there" ?

a sizzling fast boot drive for $119 is not a bad deal. even if it doesn't make cool sounds like the Raptor.

RaistlinZ

Diamond Member
Oct 15, 2001
I'm still waiting for the SSD market to normalize a bit. Performance seems be all over the place from one manufacturer's drive to the next, as are prices. Are there even any SSD's using SATA III yet?

Engineer

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Imation M-Class SSD's suck, from what little review that I could find on them. A snail of an SSD to avoid at any cost (per the review).

Makaveli

Diamond Member
Feb 8, 2002
You get what you pay for always. There is a reason why the drive is so cheap!

james1701

Golden Member
Sep 14, 2007
I love the features list on the drive specs.

Features

FAST
The shear speed of the Imation M-Class SSD enables you to boot up faster, find applications and files more quickly and run more efficiently than hard disk drives.

ENERGY EFFICIENT
Imation SSDs run on about 1/2 the power needed to run an HDD; use of less power generates less heat and subsequently requires less energy to keep cool.

RUGGED
Designed to withstand wear and tear, Imation M-Class SSDs feature a rugged design for extreme endurance and performance in harsh environments.

It is still faster than my platter drives. If it has trim, it would not be a bad every day drive.

JCGhz

Golden Member
Aug 11, 2004
They are now SOLD OUT and they are $149 with free shipping and have been $149 for more then 2 weeks.

I just got 2 of them for xmas.. waiting on adapters. I should have done a little more research before asking for them but they shouldnt be too bad in RAID 0 for OS duties. So, lets see what i get for what someone else paid for:p I just sent 2 74gb raptors in for rma maybe these will outlast them.

Last edited: