SS running in 50B the red MSM very quiet

Zebo

Elite Member
Jul 29, 2001
Uh, Social Security wasn't supposed to go negative for 20 more yrs?

Those who insist there is no crisis in Social Security and Medicare are undermining the very programs they seek to protect. Social Security and Medicare both are currently cash negative and headed for insolvency.
http://www.grandforksherald.com/event/article/id/144939/group/Opinion/

Republicans - who helped supply votes to increase the debt ceiling just last year - unanimously opposed the legislation, which is required to issue new debt to pay for federal operations and deposit up to $50 billion into the Social Security trust funds.
http://rr.com/news/economy/article/rr/9004/9789448/House_approves_290_billion_increase_in_debt_limit

XZeroII

Lifer
Jun 30, 2001
Shhhhh. If we don't talk about it, the problem doesn't exist.

Stupid government. Yes, that include both parties.

Dec 30, 2004
Our current president is turning out to be the worst president ever. Who COULDN'T turn the economy around given a $1T blank check? Only someone who spends it on special interest groups and other worthless endeavors.

Then he will tax businesses more to pay for everything and our journey to the bottom will be complete.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Our current president is turning out to be the worst president ever. Who COULDN'T turn the economy around given a $1T blank check? Only someone who spends it on special interest groups and other worthless endeavors.

Then he will tax businesses more to pay for everything and our journey to the bottom will be complete.

I don't know, Bush also got a $1T blank check at the end of his term and couldn't turn it around either. It's almost like it's more complicated than that.

Think before you post.

Patranus

Diamond Member
Apr 15, 2007
I don't know, Bush also got a $1T blank check at the end of his term and couldn't turn it around either. It's almost like it's more complicated than that.

Think before you post.

The check given to Bush was to shore up the financial institutions and it worked. Many are in the process of paying back those LOANS.

Obama on the other-hand was given a blank check to "save or create jobs" and 3 million jobs have been lost since.

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005

This has nothing to do with our current president goofball.........GWB handed Obama this mess and is now sitting at home laughing hi9s ass off at all those who voted him two terms....pathetic!!

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
The check given to Bush was to shore up the financial institutions and it worked. Many are in the process of paying back those LOANS.

Obama on the other-hand was given a blank check to "save or create jobs" and 3 million jobs have been lost since.

The US will still take a large loss on those loans as a whole. Regardless, my point had nothing to do with that. Soccerball said something dumb about 'not being able to fix the economy with $1 trillion!?!', and I was simply showing that Obama's predecessor also injected $1 trillion into the economy and it didn't save it.

What's interesting is that you didn't mention the 2 million job losses in the months before Obama was in office but after the first $1 trillion was passed. (and in only about 4 months instead of 11) Do you really need to be this blindly partisan all the time?

Patranus

Diamond Member
Apr 15, 2007
The US will still take a large loss on those loans as a whole. Regardless, my point had nothing to do with that. Soccerball said something dumb about 'not being able to fix the economy with $1 trillion!?!', and I was simply showing that Obama's predecessor also injected $1 trillion into the economy and it didn't save it.

What's interesting is that you didn't mention the 2 million job losses in the months before Obama was in office but after the first $1 trillion was passed. (and in only about 4 months instead of 11) Do you really need to be this blindly partisan all the time?

Why would I mention those jobs when the goal of the legislation under Bush was to save banks (not jobs in general) which it did while the legislation under Obama was done with the sole purpose of creating jobs (which it didn't)?

(But we are going off topic)

Zebo

Elite Member
Jul 29, 2001

credit-all.png

Doesn't matter who is president now -There is no way out of this box - It's debt and correlary of no credit left or corresponding GDP to maintain illusions.
We are experiencing the fore-shocks of an impending socioeconomic event of such immense magnitude and life-altering proportions that you can't comprehend and that will not be abated: Prepare, that's no joke. The market and economy will follow an Etruscan M pattern
EtruscanM-01.svg

29x94w5.jpg

Last edited:
Dec 30, 2004
This has nothing to do with our current president goofball.........GWB handed Obama this mess and is now sitting at home laughing hi9s ass off at all those who voted him two terms....pathetic!!

This is Obama's economy now. Clinton handed Bush a mess and within a year he turned it around. Democrats do nothing but sling mud and shift blame. Grow up and take responsibility. Your president is a failure.

Dec 30, 2004
There is no way out of this box - It's debt and correlary of no credit left to maintain illusions.
We are experiencing the fore-shocks of an impending socioeconomic seismic event of immense magnitude and life-altering proportions that will not be abated: Prepare, that's no joke. The market and economy will follow an Etruscan M pattern

Zebo I'm with you and agree 100%. You still haven't sent me your survival guide.
We're fixing to nix the only way out of this mess (the way out being improvements and growth in the health sector--specifically nanotechnology and gene sequencing) by removing ALL profit potential in health with our stupid healthcare bill.
And in the mean time we'll continue to futz away cash on Social Security and Medicare and cradle-to-the-grave our populace to keep them happy; and NOW ALSO on the Copenhagen treaty. Hundreds of billions to other corrupt countries because they can't manage their economy? Tax the corporations more!!!! It's their fault!!!! They're angry that we've been successful and want to punish us for it.

Last edited:

shadow9d9

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2004
This is Obama's economy now. Clinton handed Bush a mess and within a year he turned it around. Democrats do nothing but sling mud and shift blame. Grow up and take responsibility. Your president is a failure.

AHAHAHAHAHAHA! Bush turned around the stock market crash!?

Well, I guess Obama turned around the current stock market crash. 6600 to 10400! Boy, Obama is a genius!

shadow9d9

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2004
Zebo I'm with you and agree 100%. You still haven't sent me your survival guide.
We're fixing to nix the only way out of this mess (the way out being improvements and growth in the health sector--specifically nanotechnology and gene sequencing) by removing ALL profit potential in health with our stupid healthcare bill.
And in the mean time we'll continue to futz away cash on Social Security and Medicare and cradle-to-the-grave our populace to keep them happy; and NOW ALSO on the Copenhagen treaty. Hundreds of billions to other corrupt countries because they can't manage their economy? Tax the corporations more!!!! It's their fault!!!! They're angry that we've been successful and want to punish us for it.

The corporations that caused this mess... it is not their fault? Gotcha.

Health care in every other first world country is not profit based.. and they are all ranked better than us.

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
credit-all.png

Doesn't matter who is president now -There is no way out of this box - It's debt and correlary of no credit left or corresponding GDP to maintain illusions.
We are experiencing the fore-shocks of an impending socioeconomic event of such immense magnitude and life-altering proportions that you can't comprehend and that will not be abated: Prepare, that's no joke.

But the new season of Lost is coming, and that'll be fun!

Seriously, thanks for posting the informative debt chart.

I learned of the fact that the exposion in private debt is faqr worse than the huge explosion in public debt fro Kevin Phillps' bad money, with a similar chart. Few people know this.

People can look at just the 'fed govt' chart in your chart, and see 'ya,m see how huge it's exploding!

Then compare it. I'm not taking a position on the doomsday prdedictions yet - hard to predict.

Our economy has already functioned on fantasy numbers for a long time, and so the massive debt issue is hard to predict in effect. People and buildings don't disappear because of the debt, exactly.

As always, my main concern is that the bulk of people not pay the price and suffer, while a few people find a way to 'use the crisis' to their benefit at others' expense.

I don't see the debt as some conspiracy - I see it as the short terrm gains setting the policy, and a lot of unintended consequences.

But who's going to regulate? The corrupt private interests who are pursuing short term gain? The sellout Republicans? The Democratic party with so many corrupted there? The public?

Looking at history, it's hard to find a society get who gets it act together in these situations before things crash. That's where we progressives hoped Obamawould step up and pull and FDR. You know the rest.

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006

If by Bush turning it around, you mean he restarted the massive debt increases Clinton had reversed, if you mean he had the worst job record in a long time, if you mean he did nothing about the housing bubble...

Funny, I don't recall Bush the candidate whining that much about the bad economhy he was handed in the 2000 campaign, rather he was promising how he would continue the surplluses indefinitely.

If by indefinitely you mean less than a week.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999

Absolutely blind, deliberately so. all Bush did was fire up the illusion machine of debt and taxcuts, start 2 wars of endless occupation, puff up the Terrarist! threat, keep the power behind offshoring jobs.

Zebo is right, I suspect, in saying we're due for a fall, but for all the wrong reasons. Who profits? Who gains from all of this? Who put it all together in the thinktanks of the Right 30 years ago, hammered it home with relentless repetition?

Maybe the fact that the top 1% took home <9% of all income in 1979 and today they take home>23% should clue you in, just a little.

Nah. Re-read my opening statement. Then fall back to wallow in denial.

boomerang

Lifer
Jun 19, 2000
We are experiencing the fore-shocks of an impending socioeconomic event of such immense magnitude and life-altering proportions that you can't comprehend and that will not be abated: Prepare, that's no joke. The market and economy will follow an Etruscan M pattern
The big question is, was this due to the ineptitude of bumbling idiots, or was it done by design?

Notice my use of the past tense. I agree, it's in motion and can't be stopped.

boomerang

Lifer
Jun 19, 2000
Absolutely blind, deliberately so. all Bush did was fire up the illusion machine of debt and taxcuts, start 2 wars of endless occupation, puff up the Terrarist! threat, keep the power behind offshoring jobs.

Zebo is right, I suspect, in saying we're due for a fall, but for all the wrong reasons. Who profits? Who gains from all of this? Who put it all together in the thinktanks of the Right 30 years ago, hammered it home with relentless repetition?

Maybe the fact that the top 1% took home <9% of all income in 1979 and today they take home>23% should clue you in, just a little.

Nah. Re-read my opening statement. Then fall back to wallow in denial.
So you still think there's a difference Dems and Repubs, eh?

Zebo

Elite Member
Jul 29, 2001
The big question is, was this due to the ineptitude of bumbling idiots, or was it done by design?

Notice my use of the past tense. I agree, it's in motion and can't be stopped.

It's due to the largest wealth transfer in history from bottom to top visa vi private and governmental debt. We went for years refusing to tax those that have to pay for things we count not afford, and instead financed visa vi debt. At the same time they extended credit back to the vast middle and lower and now we're perpetually in debt via the feds and privately because of it. This was by design - Some have been frank about the mechanizations like Grover Norquest in his starve the beast speeches.

Last edited: