SquareTrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

arcenite

Lifer
Dec 9, 2001
Does anyone have any experience with SquareTrade? My step father is contemplating getting an iPhone and asked me about insurance plans. I know squaretrade is much cheaper and offers much more than the applecare plans, but do they follow through when it matters?

Thanks.

Slick5150

Diamond Member
Nov 10, 2001
Yes, they're good. I had a warranty I used on a TV with them that broke, and they were very good about having it taken care of.

I know w/ the iPhone they promise a 5 day turnaround. Meaning, they'll either have it fixed within 5 days or just send you cash to buy a new one.

DaveSimmons

Elite Member
Aug 12, 2001
Laptop accidental damage protection is iffy, there was a thread a month or two ago in the SFF forum about them denying a claim because it wasn't the "right kind" of accident.

eplebnista

Lifer
Dec 3, 2001
I bought a used laptop off of eBay and bought SquareTrade's 2 year warranty. After close to a year of using the laptop, it started not booting until after several tries as well developed a problem where if it was touched lightly in certain areas(sides or left half of keyboard) it would reboot unexpectedly. I called SquareTrade and had a full refund within two weeks(they also paid for my shipping it to them too) of sending it to them. The warranty was well worth it in my case.

Q

Lifer
Jul 21, 2005
I have heard that they are great with new stuff bought in stores, but eBay it may be a little iffy in comparison.

FWIW, I have a 3yr warranty on my laptop from them, haven't had to claim anything though.

Status
Not open for further replies.