Spring Break in Miami Beach marred with violence, deaths.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
If I were Fox News this would be my coverage.

"Poorly run red state promoting violent event."

Here's reality, neither the state of Florida or the city of Miami Beach is promoting violence. They want the tourism. It's lucrative for the city and state. Personally, I love a party event. What has happened? Pack a large group of people into a small area with a mix of guns and bad behavior.

During the BLM protests Fox News reported the events as if BLM was promoting violence. I said over and over the violence is residual not intentional. Not much different than the violence that can erupt when a city wins a sports championship.

The point of this thread is twofold. First point out how Fox skews coverage of peaceful protests as if those sponsoring groups are terrorists. Second the amount of people coming into Florida with guns. Mix bad behavior with alcohol and guns and this is the result. Is it Florida's lax attitude on crime? Bad behavior is on the rise everywhere. Just look at all the violent incidents on airplanes.

Miami Beach struggles with spring break violence, big crowds (yahoo.com)

ccryder

Nov 20, 2008
Yesterday, the former Real World star, filling in on Fox and Friends, said it was Joe Biden's fault because all the spring breakers can't go to Mexico anymore because it's too dangerous, because it's a failed Narco state, extrapolate, extrapolate.... Joe Biden.

I try to switch channels, but it is getting harder and harder to listen for any length of time to that network.

Pens1566

Lifer
Oct 11, 2005
Yesterday, the former Real World star, filling in on Fox and Friends, said it was Joe Biden's fault because all the spring breakers can't go to Mexico anymore because it's too dangerous, because it's a failed Narco state, extrapolate, extrapolate.... Joe Biden.

I try to switch channels, but it is getting harder and harder to listen for any length of time to that network.

Campos-Duffy? Yeah, forgive me if I don't listen to Puck's side piece on any topic of importance.

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009

Here's reality, neither the state of Florida or the city of Miami Beach is promoting violence. They want the tourism. It's lucrative for the city and state. Personally, I love a party event. What has happened? Pack a large group of people into a small area with a mix of guns and bad behavior.

During the BLM protests Fox News reported the events as if BLM was promoting violence. I said over and over the violence is residual not intentional. Not much different than the violence that can erupt when a city wins a sports championship.

The point of this thread is twofold. First point out how Fox skews coverage of peaceful protests as if those sponsoring groups are terrorists. Second the amount of people coming into Florida with guns. Mix bad behavior with alcohol and guns and this is the result. Is it Florida's lax attitude on crime? Bad behavior is on the rise everywhere. Just look at all the violent incidents on airplanes.

What's the deal with Fox on this story anyway. Every time I flip by Fox, they're covering that crap. They always have an angle. The most of what I'm getting is that it's not really Miami or Florida's fault, it's trouble makers from outside the state. Whatever, you create an attractive nuisance like booz sales to 5am, and I'll show you a riot.

Reactions: Zorba and Muse

kt

Diamond Member
Apr 1, 2000

...or when a city loses a sports championship.

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003

If only Republicans actually believed this. There were enough of them in Puerto Vallarta to organize a school district book burning.

• Haha
Reactions: hal2kilo

iRONic

Diamond Member
Jan 28, 2006
I saw the mayor of Miami on the 11 O’clock news last night say, paraphrasing… ’We don’t want spring break here’

It was the local CBS affiliate. ( edit:my local)

TF?!

Last edited:

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
this is old news but yeah, the usual asshole wont mention Desantis at all and somehow managed to blame Biden for it. Not kidding.
I feel sorry for those people. they lost their connection with reality a long time ago and it just makes them easier targets for pundits and politicians. Having said that, Rupert Murdoch is a genius because he figured out how to exploit the fools.

sportage

Lifer
Feb 1, 2008
Spring Break no longer fits into the Ron DeSantis hidey tidey envision of Florida. If you can't tolerate drag queen story time or talking about trans children in classrooms or accept that Mickey Mouse just might be gay, then Florida certainly can not tolerate Spring Break. DeSantis envisions a Florida with a bunch of whiteys sitting around a cracker barrel waving their confederate flags. DeSantis wants to politicize fun, we'll see how THAT goes.

Reactions: HomerJS

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
Spring Break no longer fits into the Ron DeSantis hidey tidey envision of Florida. If you can't tolerate drag queen story time or talking about trans children in classrooms or accept that Mickey Mouse just might be gay, then Florida certainly can not tolerate Spring Break. DeSantis envisions a Florida with a bunch of whiteys sitting around a cracker barrel waving their confederate flags. DeSantis wants to politicize fun, we'll see how THAT goes.
Unruly Florida is not a good look for Rom DeSaster throwing his hat in the ring. But nobody can possibly mistake Florida for a center of culture or industrial development (says a Californian).

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
What's the deal with Fox on this story anyway. Every time I flip by Fox, they're covering that crap. They always have an angle. The most of what I'm getting is that it's not really Miami or Florida's fault, it's trouble makers from outside the state. Whatever, you create an attractive nuisance like booz sales to 5am, and I'll show you a riot.

That’s my point when Fox claims strict gun laws don’t work in blue states. In most of these cases guns come in from other states with lax gun laws.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002

I bet a young DeSantis didn’t have that attitude when as a grown ass man he was grooming high school girls. One of them is already not talking because fear of backlash. If he gets the nomination one of them will talk esp if he banged one