Spotty colors on firefox and windows ui

Sonikku

Lifer
Jun 23, 2005
I seem to have hit a snag on colors with my computer recently. They seem fine when gaming, but are definitely way off on tabs and browsers and stuff. At first I thought it was my led monitor, but when I open a new tab on fire fox the blank background is briefly white as it should be for like a split second but then changes to a creamy icky yellow color and stays that way. No amount of fiddling with display settings or CCC has produced any results. Color is set to the maximum 32 bit, but the problem seems to be stemming from something else if it's fine when opening new windows for a moment then kicking in something ugly. What could be causing this?

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006

Y'know...it was only 1:10 after your first post...and it's late for many people.
Give folks time...I'm sure someone will reply with some help.
You might try posting your hardware to give people some starting info.

Sonikku

Lifer
Jun 23, 2005
Running Windows XP SP3
X1950XT
Core 2 Duo E6750
2g ram

System has been running pretty solid for three years. Part of the cause may be I had a dvi socket seemingly go out at random on me and I plugged my monitor into my video cards other one. After scruffling with it trying to tell it my desktop went on my lcd and my extended desktop when to the 480i tv and not the other way around I've had the problem. And once when I restarted I got a popup saying my monitor was using lower grade color and to click on it to resolve the problem. I did, but it didn't change anything. and every display tab I have says I'm at 32 bpp color.