Sponsors finally leaving Tucker Carlson.

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

ElFenix

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Mar 20, 2000
of course this guy is the ubermensch:

TZX4-DTUM6-UI6-PBGAALGANHZMG4.jpg

dawp

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005
Tammy Duckworth editorial in the NYtimes - This is a non-paywalled link

After that response, Duckworth really ought to have Tucker’s balls hanging from the handle of her wheelchair.

Carlson is a millionaire funded by billionaires; he is the very definition of a “lackey”.
I also think he a trust fund brat who wouldn't serve in the military even if his life depended on it.

Paratus

Lifer
Jun 4, 2004
So why do they?
jZGgghi.png
I seem to have struck a nerve.

Well I don’t know. A potential hypothesis is when you have nothing going for you from a looks, intelligence, athleticism, or life standpoint you are left being proud of your race which is nothing more than a happenstance of your birth.

Maxima1

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2013
jZGgghi.png

Well I don’t know. A potential hypothesis is when you have nothing going for you from a looks, intelligence, athleticism, or life standpoint you are left being proud of your race which is nothing more than a happenstance of your birth.

Haha, no. I was just setting up for something that's all too familiar (see this amusing video below by Claira Janover).

With southern accent, too, right?

If someone invoked about stereotyped caricatures of black criminals, what would that be called...?

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
So why do they?

Multi-generational inbreeding leads to a generally glazed-over, lack of features. It's why they are all eyes and mouth, and nothing else. No one can fucking tell them apart.

lol @ that guy. Exactly how I always pictured spidey.

Fuck, just look at Trump.

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
That is so frustrating about these turds. They literally give zero fucks and have zero shame about it.

Shame is a hindrance to a political prostitute. When you've sold out your principles, morals, and even your religious tenants for short term political gain, being reminded what an intellectually bankrupt piece of shit you are tends to wear on the nerves. Disputing reality and doubling down on the Koolaid seems to be the only way they deal with it.

Team Treason has a lot of karma in the mail.

Btw, great article at Atlantic regarding this... Evangelicals confirm what America already knew about them...

"I know this firsthand, from pastors around the country who have talked about the catastrophic effects of the unholy alliance between evangelicals and Donald Trump. One pastor of a large church on the Pacific Coast told me: “There are many reasons why young people are turning away from the Church, but my observation is, Trump has vastly accelerated that trend. He’s put it into hyperdrive.”

This pastor, a lifelong Republican who declined to be quoted by name because of the position he occupies, wrote that “for decades Hollywood has portrayed conservative Christians as cruel, ignorant, greedy, and hypocritical. For 20 years I have worked, led, and sacrificed to put the lie to that stereotype, and have done so successfully here … Because of how we have served the least of the least, city officials, school officials, and many atheists have formed a respect for Jesus and his church. And I’m watching all that get washed away.”

He added, “Yes, Hollywood and the media created a decidedly unattractive stereotype of Christians. And Donald Trump fits it perfectly. Made it all seem true. And sadly, I now realize that stereotype is more true than I ever knew. It breaks my heart. In volleyball terms, Hollywood did the set, but Trump was the spike that drove the ball home. He’s everything I’ve been trying to say isn’t what the church is all about. But sadly, maybe it is.”

With all the horrible things this illegitimate disaster has inflicted on the country, I think his effect on the republican party and evangelical christianity are both things that will actually benefit the nation in the long run. Bottom line, we need fewer Americans to be suckered by the right wing fiction which proves detrimental to American ideals. This is a push in the right direction, thanks to Il Douche.

Last edited:
Reactions: hal2kilo

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
You want to see something strange take a look at the 10,000+ comments about this at Yahoo News. They are running 10 to 1 in favor of the racist POS.
That is not surprising! It is easy to be a racist when you have do it from the comfort of your computer....

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Reactions: Fanatical Meat

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
View attachment 25398

So many very fine people seem to look this way.

This one really rings true for me. There is a truck driver I run into sometimes, one of the more unpleasant people I know for sure. His proudly held opinions make me think he's definitely into tiki torches. And celibacy. 5'6 or 7", like 250, diabetic, color blind, bald, acne, the list goes on... Always nice to hear a white guy who doesn't shower make coco butter jokes. He is still on my radar for that one.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
I wish Tammy would go on his show now and talk about his racist head writer.

Greenman

Lifer
Oct 15, 1999
jZGgghi.png

You just described "average".

Indus

Diamond Member
May 11, 2002
Writer is leaving too.

**He is a racist**

So someonemind might think this isn't racist at all..

From the article:

Just this week, the writer, Blake Neff, responded to a thread started by another user in 2018 with the subject line, "Would u let a JET BLACK congo n****er do lasik eye surgery on u for 50% off?" Neff wrote, "I wouldn't get LASIK from an Asian for free, so no."

Yep totally not racist.. since in Trumps world Roger Stone gets rewarded for lies but Vindman is kicked out for telling the truth.

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
So someonemind might think this isn't racist at all..

From the article:

Yep totally not racist.. since in Trumps world Roger Stone gets rewarded for lies but Vindman is kicked out for telling the truth.
I wonder what rock the Moral Majority is hiding under. So passe.

Last edited:

pmv

Lifer
May 30, 2008
Perhaps, I just find it odd that 90% of the people posting comments under that article are conservatives. Yahoonews isn't exactly right leaning media.

It's always struck me that yahoo is a favoured hang-out for the right, particularly for nativists and racists. Certainly seems to be the case on UK Yahoo, where comments invariably lean racist and xenophobic. Perhaps it's the site's approach to moderating, maybe it's just one of those clustering or founder effects....or maybe it's the name?

yahoo
noun
ya·hoo | \ ˈyā-(ˌ)hü

plural yahoos

Definition of yahoo

1 capitalized : a member of a race of brutes in Swift's Gulliver's Travels who have the form and all the vices of humans
2 [influenced by yahoo entry 2] : a boorish, crass, or stupid person

Reactions: [DHT]Osiris

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
Shame is a hindrance to a political prostitute. When you've sold out your principles, morals, and even your religious tenants for short term political gain, being reminded what an intellectually bankrupt piece of shit you are tends to wear on the nerves. Disputing reality and doubling down on the Koolaid seems to be the only way they deal with it.

Team Treason has a lot of karma in the mail.

Btw, great article at Atlantic regarding this... Evangelicals confirm what America already knew about them...

"I know this firsthand, from pastors around the country who have talked about the catastrophic effects of the unholy alliance between evangelicals and Donald Trump. One pastor of a large church on the Pacific Coast told me: “There are many reasons why young people are turning away from the Church, but my observation is, Trump has vastly accelerated that trend. He’s put it into hyperdrive.”

This pastor, a lifelong Republican who declined to be quoted by name because of the position he occupies, wrote that “for decades Hollywood has portrayed conservative Christians as cruel, ignorant, greedy, and hypocritical. For 20 years I have worked, led, and sacrificed to put the lie to that stereotype, and have done so successfully here … Because of how we have served the least of the least, city officials, school officials, and many atheists have formed a respect for Jesus and his church. And I’m watching all that get washed away.”

He added, “Yes, Hollywood and the media created a decidedly unattractive stereotype of Christians. And Donald Trump fits it perfectly. Made it all seem true. And sadly, I now realize that stereotype is more true than I ever knew. It breaks my heart. In volleyball terms, Hollywood did the set, but Trump was the spike that drove the ball home. He’s everything I’ve been trying to say isn’t what the church is all about. But sadly, maybe it is.”

With all the horrible things this illegitimate disaster has inflicted on the country, I think his effect on the republican party and evangelical christianity are both things that will actually benefit the nation in the long run. Bottom line, we need fewer Americans to be suckered by the right wing fiction which proves detrimental to American ideals. This is a push in the right direction, thanks to Il Douche.

Another "coming to Jesus" moment for that guy, lol. I'm sure someones dummy will be along shortly to call this guy names like "no shit Sherlock" and the like.

soundforbjt

Lifer
Feb 15, 2002
Tonight Tucker is supposed to address his racist writer (translation: He'll say he had no idea and was shocked to hear about it.) Could be the epitome of hypocrisy by Tucker, I think I'll watch and laugh.