Splitter(s) for HDHomerun Dual

Kwatt

Golden Member
Jan 3, 2000
What splitter do I need for splitting an antenna signal and which splitter for the cable? Will any splitter do both?

If I have this right:
The HDHomeRun Dual Model # HDHR3-US.
Can be used for OTA or clear QAM but not both at the same time due to only having a single coax connection on the back.

I have a both a antenna and basic cable (comcast) where I am at.

I am planning to setup a currently unused PC to test as a HTPC.
And if everything works OK getting another HDHR3-US and using one for OTA and one for cable.

I want to connect the HomeRun without disabling the current setup. The splitter will be for testing use only! So cheap is better. But I do not want the splitter to be the reason I can't get it to work. So the price is flexible.

I would rather purchase it from amazon. That is where I plan on buying the HomeRun.

tivo1

Sep 12, 2002
seach for an older model hdhomerun... they have two inputs and two tuners.

Kwatt

Golden Member
Jan 3, 2000
seach for an older model hdhomerun... they have two inputs and two tuners.

I have seen those but I still need to split the cable between the Homerun and my Dish DVR Pal. If I like the Homerun I will get rid of the Pal. I just want to have the Pal connected at the same time as the Homerun till I get the PC set up.

cybrsage

Lifer
Nov 17, 2011

Splitters:​
A splitter should be rated for 50-900MHz or 50-1000MHz operation. Splitters rated for 2GHz operation should be avoided (even if rated for 50MHz to 2GHz operation) as these are intended for satellite use and often do not perform as well at cable/antenna frequencies.​

http://www.silicondust.com/hdhomerun/hdhomerun_install.pdf

It is for the HDHomeRun, but the needs of the HDHomeRun are stricter, so following the guidelines in that pdf are also good for OTA and such. It is a good read, I recommending reading the entire PDF.​

Kwatt

Golden Member
Jan 3, 2000
http://www.silicondust.com/hdhomerun/hdhomerun_install.pdf

It is for the HDHomeRun, but the needs of the HDHomeRun are stricter, so following the guidelines in that pdf are also good for OTA and such. It is a good read, I recommending reading the entire PDF.[/LEFT]
[/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]

Thank You
I should have downloaded the manual myself.:oops:

I would like to say I would have found that in the manual when mine gets here... Yea I am just going to believe that is true.;)