Split California into 6 states?

JEDI

Lifer
Sep 25, 2001
http://money.cnn.com/2013/12/30/technology/california-split-draper/index.html?iid=HP_River

The proposal calls for the creation of new states called:
Silicon Valley and West California that would be anchored by the cities of San Francisco and Los Angeles.
Orange County and San Diego would be part of the new state of South California.
To the north, remaining counties would be divided into regions called Central California, North California and Jefferson.

Why now? According to the proposed ballot initiative Draper filed earlier this month, the Golden State has been rendered "nearly ungovernable" by social and economic changes.

at the same time, how about splitting Northern VA into it's own state?
i'm tired of having my state tax $ siphoned off by the majority of rural VA for their pet projects.

Anarchist420

Diamond Member
Feb 13, 2010
www.facebook.com
at the same time, how about splitting Northern VA into it's own state? i'm tired of having my state tax $ siphoned off by the majority of rural VA for their pet projects.
kind of hypocritical given that nova is a lot of what keeps washington in power. but i would love for nova to secede given that they have the highest proportion of voters who love being generous with money from other people. the double standards the Wilsonians there live by is disgusting.

Last edited:

piasabird

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
I could see Illinois split up into 2 states. It is just too large. Chicago and rural Illinois is like 2 different states.

I also think that the capital of our country should be moved to a more central location. I see no logical reason to have a capital on a coastline. It would be more protected in a more central State. We are no longer 13 colonies.

I think some of these larger cities should be like districts and separate from States. In Illinois half the state lives around Chicago. Then there is the rest of the state. Many people like myself think of Chicago as some kind of lawless place where people are killed at random. Full of crime and gangs.

In reality there are probably a lot of fine people that live in Chicago. Still I see no good reason to live in Chicago. I have visited Chicago on occassions, but I never lost anything there. I live in flyover country. Still what happens is anytime Chicago wants to raise taxes I have to pay because half of the state lives around Chicago and they force their will on the rest of the state.

Last edited:

Scotteq

Diamond Member
Apr 10, 2008
Welcome All To The Great State of Jefferson!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jefferson_(Pacific_state)

800px-Jefferson_state_flag.svg.png

drebo

Diamond Member
Feb 24, 2006
At the very least, I'd like to see a North California and a South California. Possibly a West California, as well.

Too much of California's voter base falls in two places, and it sucks dick.

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
Let's split Texas up while we're at it.
My plan is to split Texas with everything west of the Pecos merging with New Mexico. Everything east of the Pecos we would trade to Mexico in exchange for Baja California and Sonora.

Last edited:

Nebor

Lifer
Jun 24, 2003
Let's split Texas up while we're at it.

Into what? Texas is politically uniform except for the large population centers and the sparsely populated border counties. I guess you could split off the border counties, and the continue to do so as the blue spreads north. Sort of like repeatedly cutting off a limb just a little bit below where the gangrene has set in.

CanOWorms

Lifer
Jul 3, 2001
Let's make every residence throughout the country its own state! Let's even split off the bedrooms of every residence into separate states! Maybe every atom can be its own state!

Oct 30, 2004
There's a certain logic to splitting up California. It's a large, sprawling region with a population of, what, 50 million people? Individuals have a very diluted amount of representation at the state government level.

JTsyo

Lifer
Nov 18, 2007
I could see Illinois split up into 2 states. It is just too large. Chicago and rural Illinois is like 2 different states.

I also think that the capital of our country should be moved to a more central location. I see no logical reason to have a capital on a coastline. It would be more protected in a more central State. We are no longer 13 colonies.

I think some of these larger cities should be like districts and separate from States. In Illinois half the state lives around Chicago. Then there is the rest of the state. Many people like myself think of Chicago as some kind of lawless place where people are killed at random. Full of crime and gangs.

In reality there are probably a lot of fine people that live in Chicago. Still I see no good reason to live in Chicago. I have visited Chicago on occassions, but I never lost anything there. I live in flyover country. Still what happens is anytime Chicago wants to raise taxes I have to pay because half of the state lives around Chicago and they force their will on the rest of the state.

You could say that about any large state with a big city.

sportage

Lifer
Feb 1, 2008
First lets split Texas into a swamp.
North swamp and south swamp.
Then after Rick Perry is ousted, recombine the two back into one.

IGBT

Lifer
Jul 16, 2001
North / central / southern Calif. make sense. They are different and deserve "state" distinction.

StinkyPinky

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2002
North and South would be enough.

Now...any states that should be merged? The Dakota's? Some of those puny ass eastern ones?