Spinning the lie:

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

BaDaBooM

Golden Member
May 3, 2000
I don't know how much there was but he did have months to move/hide the stuff so I'm still in wait and see mode.

I wonder if he did destroy any of it just before the war. Bio would be easy enough to destroy with hardly a trace. Chemical would be a little bit harder but would it be that hard? I dunno. Sadam, knowing that the war was gonna happen and he would be ousted, would destroy them all secretly just to get his revenge on Bush?

Now before I get flammed for making excuses, I'm not saying this happened nor am I making excuses (I wouldn't take this excuse). Just saying what a kick in the nuts that would be to Bush if it did happen.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
God continue to give us those enemies who pose an immediate and present danger to our survival because they have WMD they hide in a rat hole the minute we attack them. Spare us enemies who are no real danger to us, like North Korea, because they will start a nuclear war if we attack them. As long as the enemy can destroy us, we don't need to attack them, and both we and them are safe.

LunarRay

Diamond Member
Mar 2, 2003
Originally posted by: Moonbeam
God continue to give us those enemies who pose an immediate and present danger to our survival because they have WMD they hide in a rat hole the minute we attack them. Spare us enemies who are no real danger to us, like North Korea, because they will start a nuclear war if we attack them. As long as the enemy can destroy us, we don't need to attack them, and both we and them are safe.

It is the answer to prayer that we are able to attrit the old weaponry and acquire new supplies from the US bomb builders. Our economy in war stuff is off the ground again and the MRE suppliers have retooled.. Our old planes can now go proudly into retirement as we roll out the latest and greatest. Now it only makes sense to not attack Korea directly.. we'll scare em into submission by bribing the Chinese into having a word with them... at the cost of only 37 aircraft carriers.. worth of trade deficit..
But, are we really safe?? what if Cuba attacks us using their long range poor people device where they collect welfare till we are broke... you can lose in many ways... no?

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
you can lose in many ways... no?
-----------------------
Well now your talking about something too subtile for my grasp. I'm barely able to maintain my union dues and keep my carpenter's license. But still for me the solution to all problems is a hammer. I'll have to leave the more rarefied notions to the progressives and thinkers of the world. I did once have, however, the finest 800 dollar hammer money could buy.

CaptnKirk

Lifer
Jul 25, 2002
Effective method to destroy both the chemical and biological agents would be by incineration.
With all the imaging technology at our disposal Iraq would have looked like a California sized bon
fire to our sensors, and there was not one word of Giant Texas Bar-B-Que leading into the war.

There were less than a dozen oil well fires at the onset of Operation Oil Freedom, and they were
not big enough nor lasting long enough to keep piling the agents into the fire for disposal.

Did they burn them ? Don't know do we ! But you can bet they didn't take them home to share
with the wife & kids, or sneak them by the inspectors by drinking it like Kool-Aid.
Hell - Jim Jones in Gyana was more sucessful with his WMD way back when.

Remember a few years back when a Japanese Terror Organization used Serin in the Subway ?
Somewhere over 5,000 were affected but only 12 died, it may have been dilute, but was in a
semi-enclosed environment, and was relatively ineffective. (Unless you were in the 12)

Yes it was used on the Kurds, and obviously was cruel, but if they had stayed outside in the
open environment instead of taking refuge in their under-dwellings, few would have perished.
Iraqi Military knew this - the years of conventional warefare had conditioned them to get down
to avoid the fragmentation damage from bombing, and so they fled to take shelter where gas
would be the most dangerously concentrated - thereby most effective against them.

Hey ! Ya know - that S-3A was the plane that had the thousand dollar toilet seat in it. Think Dubya used it ?

cpumaster

Dec 10, 2000
Originally posted by: BaDaBooM
I don't know how much there was but he did have months to move/hide the stuff so I'm still in wait and see mode.

I wonder if he did destroy any of it just before the war. Bio would be easy enough to destroy with hardly a trace. Chemical would be a little bit harder but would it be that hard? I dunno. Sadam, knowing that the war was gonna happen and he would be ousted, would destroy them all secretly just to get his revenge on Bush?

Yeah that would be the ultimate revenge of the brutal dictator: "You want to oust me for having WMD? Well I'll hide them till you can't find them, you can oust me, kill me or take away my palaces, but you'll never find my WMD hahaha, that'll teach you a lesson for attacking me without proof!"

I guess Saddam isn't afraid to use it on Iranian and his own people (Kurds and Shi'ite) but not on us, the foreign infidels...

cpumaster

Dec 10, 2000
Originally posted by: EXman
Funny that they don't seem too concerned.

I think I hear this almost daily from the administration especially in regards to Syria. clean the wax outta your ears :p

maybe you're the one that should have clean your ears, the warnings to Syria are mostly about taking in Iraq top level Baath party members and for sending troops and equipments to Saddam, not about Saddam sending his WMDs to Syria. Of course there is warning about WMD in Syria, but that's for Syrian own WMD, which they have to counter Israel nukes, now do I make it clear enough to you?

LunarRay

Diamond Member
Mar 2, 2003
I did once have, however, the finest 800 dollar hammer money could buy.[/quote]

Handed down, no doubt, from the days of John Paul Jones... Aside from tea I understand Hancock had interest in military supplies.

When I was in Grad sckoul I carried the mail and was a shop steward (imagine that) I didn't have to pay the dues though.

BaDaBooM

Golden Member
May 3, 2000
Originally posted by: cpumaster
Yeah that would be the ultimate revenge of the brutal dictator: "You want to oust me for having WMD? Well I'll hide them till you can't find them, you can oust me, kill me or take away my palaces, but you'll never find my WMD hahaha, that'll teach you a lesson for attacking me without proof!"

I knew it was a stretch when I wrote it (that's why I said I wouldn't take that excuse), but it was just a what if. It didnt seem as if Sadam was always rational. To me, he does seem like the kind of guy that would rather be ousted and killed while making his enemy seem like a fool rather than admit he had them and still keep his power. (knowing he couldn't win anyway) I know it doesn't make sense to us, but he could just be the kind of guy that would drink a gallon of gasoline so he could piss in your campfire.

It is a stretch but like I said before it's just a what if and I wouldn't take that excuse. I think they would be able to find some sort of proof. Though if that was the case, it would take more time to find.

LunarRay

Diamond Member
Mar 2, 2003
Oh heck it don't matter what they find... they could find Atlantis under the sand with fully armed ICBMs ready to launch and we'd say it was all built by the army corp of engineers over the weekend... in secret. The real point is I just don't like peach ice cream and thats not gonna change regardless....

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
When I was in Grad sckoul I carried the mail and was a shop steward (imagine that) I didn't have to pay the dues though.
-------------------------------
Doesn't surprise me a bit. Ben Franklin worked there too. I've met a number of mailmen in my time. One was a Rhodes Scholar and as first rate a genius as I've ever seen. Another was way off the charts when it came to smart too. Only local guy that doesn't go huh, when I talk. Knows all my sesquipedalian words. No abecedarian there.

LunarRay

Diamond Member
Mar 2, 2003
Originally posted by: Moonbeam
-------------------------------
Doesn't surprise me a bit. Ben Franklin worked there too. I've met a number of mailmen in my time. One was a Rhodes Scholar and as first rate a genius as I've ever seen. Another was way off the charts when it came to smart too. Only local guy that doesn't go huh, when I talk. Knows all my sesquipedalian words. No abecedarian there.

Using my rule here I think it comes up a bit short of 18 inches... it is a start though;)

You don't go "huh", I don't go "huh" neitherwise... brother drogueie... (spelling clockworkorangelike)

I wuds refering to your hammer union dues diddy.:D