Spinning a coin..

Xonoahbin

Aug 16, 2005
Alright, so I'm curious. First of all, I want to know if you can spin a coin (where it's vertically upright and rotates, sometimes rather quickly.) I also want to know by which method you can spin it. I'll go ahead and explain my coin-spinning ways.

I most definitely can spin a coin, and very fast if I want. I can spin it in three ways that I've tested. First, I can spin it the easy way. You place your index finger of one hand on top of the coin and hold it upright, then you either flick the side of the coin or give pressure with the thumb of your other hand (or finger I suppose.) The second way I can do it is to place the coin between the uppermost pads on my thumb and index finger, then I somehow tilt sideways and it spins. I can also place it in the crevice of my third middle finger knuckle (underneath) and the other side on the pad of my thumb. That one, somehow, produces the best spin.

I've never seen anybody spin other than the first way I can (the easy way.) I'm curious to see if anybody spins it my second or third way, or other ways. In order for it to count as spinning, it has to spin for five seconds or more.

ohtwell

Lifer
Jan 6, 2002
I only do it the first way. I have seen people use the second method to spin it.

: ) Amanda

Rubycon

Madame President
Aug 10, 2005
Index finger to support it on end and flick the edge with the other hand.

Usually I can get them going off a table and across a deck for a few meters still spinning. Try poker chips once!

Jaepheth

Platinum Member
Apr 29, 2006
Left thumb on one edge, right middle finger on the other -> pull hands apart in opposite directions.

BrokenVisage

Lifer
Jan 29, 2005
LOL @ FoBot

I'm a converted 2nd to 1st way guy, don't know why either cause I was good with the 2nd way.