Spiderman 2012 4 minute preview

blankslate

Diamond Member
Jun 16, 2008
Did a search and it doesn't look like anyone posted this yet...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ZmY7rcI7FI

what do you guys think?

I think it looks like a good movie however given that the other Spiderman movies weren't that long ago and the fact that there are already 2 other major super hero movies for this summer there might not be as much anticipation for this movie.

Spiderman is a favorite comic book hero of mine from when I was a kid and the Gwen Stacy prominence without a trace of Mary Jane (so far) in the story is interesting. I'll watch it.

adairusmc

Diamond Member
Jul 24, 2006
I think if Sony does not make a spiderman movie every so many years the rights revert back to Marvel.

AMDZen

Lifer
Apr 15, 2004
They have made the same mistakes with this film as they made the last time.

Casting is terrible. CGI is terrible

Fritzo

Lifer
Jan 3, 2001
Lulz- posted:

"I'm confused...it said "The most anticipated movie of the summer" in the beginning, but instead of The Avengers it showed a preview of Spiderman."

It's on Rave Movie Studio's site...that will never get approved.

Tencntraze

Aug 7, 2006
Well Avengers is already out and it's not summer yet, so maybe they're getting by on a technicality

Aharami

Lifer
Aug 31, 2001
I have a 3 movie in theaters per summer quota, and Avengers, Batman, and Prometheus have that quota filled for this summer. I'll wait for BRD for this spiderman

Ns1

No Lifer
Jun 17, 2001
over cgi'd, looks terrible (to me)

when the building radio antenna fell over/collapsed I just about died at how unreal that shit looked.

Aikouka

Lifer
Nov 27, 2001
add me to the list of people who don't understand why this movie is being made.

They explained it here...

That's what I've heard too. Same with Fox and X-Men, etc...

Essentially, Sony kept pushing Raimi to add stuff into his Spider-Man movies, which is what happened to Spider-Man 3. Raimi refused to do another movie. The problem is that Spider-Man movies are still profitable for Sony, and if they don't start principle shooting after so many years or pay Marvel again to re-license the IP ( intellectual property ), the film rights for the licensed characters reverts back to Marvel.

There was a good post in another thread that listed all of the characters that are licensed out to other companies.

Along these lines, I'm assuming that Fantastic Four will end up reverting back to Marvel since the last one came out in 2007.

busydude

Diamond Member
Feb 5, 2010
I was kind of neutral till yesterday, but it all changed after the I watched this preview.

It looks pretty terrible.

Red Storm

Lifer
Oct 2, 2005
The only superhero movies I've truly enjoyed are Batman Begins and The Dark Knight, the rest are basically different levels of crap. I've yet to see a single Marvel movie that was memorable.

blankslate

Diamond Member
Jun 16, 2008
The only superhero movies I've truly enjoyed are Batman Begins and The Dark Knight, the rest are basically different levels of crap. I've yet to see a single Marvel movie that was memorable.

Wow, you even include the Avengers as not memorable? It's not Hamlet but I thought The Avengers was a damn good super hero movie.

dougp

Diamond Member
May 3, 2002
who didn't enjoy at least the first Blade movie?

Honestly, people who are expecting movies on the level of SPR, Brave Heart, Schindler's List, etc. from these super hero movies are all just disappointing themselves.

You don't want to support the studio for releasing *another* Spiderman movie, that's fine - but this one looks entertaining, and can't possibly be worst than Spiderman 3. Every scary movie looks the same, and in general has the same plot, but people flock to them (SAW anyone?) - and that will happen here.

You can either get the fuck over yourself and enjoy the action and pretty effects and know that you're not seeing an Oscar winner or you can enjoy sitting around with the other haters in a circle jerk talking about how you're too good to enjoy a simple movie.