Spider!

ElFenix

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Mar 20, 2000
Someone tell me what this is an whether it needs to get smashed, moved outside if possible, or if i can leave it alone

d09c62f2831144e08c08d81947fbe5ef.jpg

Spider is probably 2" in length from tip of front leg to tip of rear leg.

Last edited:
Nov 8, 2012
smashed with a shoe ASAP or flamethrower from a distance. IF there are other casualties and lost items from the flamethrower than it is a sacrifice well worth it.

Reactions: Charmonium

lxskllr

No Lifer
Nov 30, 2004
Put it outside (answer to any given spider related question).
I generally agree, but we have two seriously venomous spiders here, the brown recluse, and the black widow. If I saw either in my house, the chances of them making it outside alive would be slim.

Mar 11, 2004
Its the dreaded Suckyourbrainsouthroughyouranus! Be very careful, as it has a mild bite that you probably couldn't even feel and won't have any lasting affects. Not sure where its name comes from.

I generally agree, but we have two seriously venomous spiders here, the brown recluse, and the black widow. If I saw either in my house, the chances of them making it outside alive would be slim.

Jokes on you, they're already inside your body, laying their eggs.

Which, uh, I think you need to call...what was his name? to come over and squash it. And by squash, it totally means bang!

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003

Avoid reaching into dark crevices/corners and be careful near woodpiles and that sort of thing you should be okay avoiding Black Widows... usually you need to go to them. Also be sure to tap out boots you have not worn for awhile especially if in a garage or outside.

Now the Brown Recluse on the other hand that's a nasty little critter. Can cruise all over your house and although the immediate bite symptoms may pale compared to a Widow's the potential for long term complications is much higher.

EDIT: I originally used the word "bvgger" in place of "critter" in this post ... went to make a correction it had changed to: "ah heck".

So FUCK is just fine but not "ah heck" ?? *(see what I mean?)

:D

Last edited:

ElFenix

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Mar 20, 2000
Google lens thinks it's Scytodes Thoracica, or a spitting spider. Native to europe, asia, etc. Put it outside (answer to any given spider related question).
i tried lens on the full image and it thought it was sunglasses :cool:

• Haha
Reactions: Captante

randay

Lifer
May 30, 2006
smash it then light it on fire then suck it up with a vacuum and then throw the vacuum into the sun

• Haha
Reactions: Ajay

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
Being that far south chances are it can kill you. Seems everything down south is either venomous or poisonous or can otherwise kill you in some way shape or form.

So I think this is a kill it with fire type situation. Make sure to do it while keeping at least 2m distance in case it can also give you coronavirus. :p

ElFenix

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Mar 20, 2000
Being that far south chances are it can kill you. Seems everything down south is either venomous or poisonous or can otherwise kill you in some way shape or form.

So I think this is a kill it with fire type situation. Make sure to do it while keeping at least 2m distance in case it can also give you coronavirus. :p
maybe you've confused me with an antipodean crab avatar.

Iron Woode

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 10, 1999

we have black widows in Ontario. They have been restricted to Southern Ontario including Toronto.

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
we have black widows in Ontario. They have been restricted to Southern Ontario including Toronto.

Yikes didn't realize we had that in Canada. Keep that shit down south lol. Though with climate change it's probably going to eventually come here. We have ticks now which are probably just as dangerous than black widows, you just die more slowly.

Iron Woode

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 10, 1999
Yikes didn't realize we had that in Canada. Keep that shit down south lol. Though with climate change it's probably going to eventually come here. We have ticks now which are probably just as dangerous than black widows, you just die more slowly.
I hate ticks.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
that's a safe one; you can leave it inside.

I mean, you are OK with only 7 fingers, right?

VirtualLarry

No Lifer
Aug 25, 2001
Perhaps it will remember your kindness and spare you. Or maybe now all of spiderkind identifies you as weak and you'll be the first meal when the revolution comes.
LOL. I leave my house spiders alone. I let them party when I'm asleep. Just don't crawl ON me, then it's an invitation to a squashin' party. :( Usually, they stay away. Keeps the little tiny flies and bugs in check, I'm thankful for that.

OccamsToothbrush

Golden Member
Aug 21, 2005
LOL. I leave my house spiders alone. I let them party when I'm asleep. Just don't crawl ON me, then it's an invitation to a squashin' party. :( Usually, they stay away. Keeps the little tiny flies and bugs in check, I'm thankful for that.

Agree completely. I like spiders, they're our little 8-footed friends and insects would take over the world without them. But you do have to set boundaries and squish one once in a while so that they know who the boss is. You can look sympathetic to spiders, but you can't look weak, they smell fear.

Muadib

Lifer
May 30, 2000
Had spiders in my garage. I left them alone because they had 2 choices, leave and live, or stay and die from hunger. Had to blow them out with my blower.