Speed Traps: Georgia clears small town of running speed trap, OK that 4 lane highway is 45 mph

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Mill

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Originally posted by: dmcowen674
Originally posted by: Mill
Originally posted by: Gaard
Anyone else who kept posting lies and exaggerations would be called a troll, but somehow it is ok for you to do so.

No, no, no. Dave has been called a troll on numerous occasions. (I should know ;) ) Dave is a liar. Plain and simple. But I have a feeling he's just this way on the computer. I think , and it's sad, that Dave gets off by getting reactions from internet people.

Remember that old Off Topic member Lord Raiden? He used to do the exact same thing. Lie for reaction. I had a conversation with him on another forum (a forum where he had a completely different persona...I think you remember Mill) about why he acted the way he did on Anandtech...it was all for reaction. Dave could be his twin.

Good point, but just read his River Elan stuff. He seems to meddle in anyone's life that lives anywhere near him. I'd be selling my home for a loss if he moved near me. I like out here where I live; the neighbors leave each other alone and there is no huge divisive issues to deal with.

I think Dave would make a great fit for the radio after all. He seems to have a problem with not getting fired for his "political" problems anyway. ;)

Good maybe you don't have neighbors that should've bought Trailers instead of a house. These people park their cars, trucks, campers, trailers half on the street half on the grass where we have big enough driveways to park 6 vehicles. They are lazy, slob trashy sob's. You may like people taking your home value down but I don't.

But Dave! You said yourself that people shouldn't be able to tell others what to use their property for(your walmart thread on the same page as this one). That was the whole argument of the Alabaster City council. The property they were condemning was run down and not kept up. But you have free choice as well. You should have paid more attention to the area you bought into, or you could always move before your property drops even more. I'm sure you can find a nice secluded compound in Idaho for cheap, and you can broadcast your radio show from there.

buckmasterson

Oct 12, 2002
There is a stretch of Interstate 80 through Joliet Illinois that drops from 65 to 45 also. Of course I'm not trolling, just sharing this important information...

dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
www.alienbabeltech.com
Anyone else who kept posting lies and exaggerations would be called a troll, but somehow it is ok for you to do so.

No, no, no. Dave has been called a troll on numerous occasions. (I should know ;) ) Dave is a liar. Plain and simple. But I have a feeling he's just this way on the computer. I think , and it's sad, that Dave gets off by getting reactions from internet people.

Remember that old Off Topic member Lord Raiden? He used to do the exact same thing. Lie for reaction. I had a conversation with him on another forum (a forum where he had a completely different persona...I think you remember Mill) about why he acted the way he did on Anandtech...it was all for reaction. Dave could be his twin.

Good point, but just read his River Elan stuff. He seems to meddle in anyone's life that lives anywhere near him. I'd be selling my home for a loss if he moved near me. I like out here where I live; the neighbors leave each other alone and there is no huge divisive issues to deal with.

I think Dave would make a great fit for the radio after all. He seems to have a problem with not getting fired for his "political" problems anyway. ;)

Good maybe you don't have neighbors that should've bought Trailers instead of a house. These people park their cars, trucks, campers, trailers half on the street half on the grass where we have big enough driveways to park 6 vehicles. They are lazy, slob trashy sob's. You may like people taking your home value down but I don't.

But Dave! You said yourself that people shouldn't be able to tell others what to use their property for(your walmart thread on the same page as this one). That was the whole argument of the Alabaster City council. The property they were condemning was run down and not kept up. But you have free choice as well. You should have paid more attention to the area you bought into, or you could always move before your property drops even more. I'm sure you can find a nice secluded compound in Idaho for cheap, and you can broadcast your radio show from there.

If you really read the site and paid attention you would know we were paying attention to the area we were buying into. We were duped by an unscrupolous Builder that told the people that wanted Protective Covenants to keep Home Value that there is and then also told people that didn't want protective Covenants that there isn't. This was allowed by the local and State Government.

You're partially right about the Compound concept, that is pretty much what a fully protected Covenant Community is. It protects the Homeowners from Trashy people. If you do not adhere to the "Compound" rules you are thrown outside of the gates.

We moved from what was a nice neighborhood close to Atlanta that did not have Covenants and it was degraded by certain people moving in with things like Graffitti all over the place, the signs, electrical boxes, fences etc, then they parked all over the place sometimes 12 vehicles deep all over the yards etc etc. This brought down Home value and we moved up here into a subdivision we were told had protective Covenants so we would not have Trash people. Well turns out the Trash people were told that this is a Trash friendly neighborhood.

I've had the guts to at least face these "Trash" people in the face. It didn't help since they are unfortunately the majority as you can see by the posted vote count. We held a vote in an attempt to hold the neighborhood to higher "Covenant protected" standard but they voted to have the subdivision to be like a Trailer Park instead of nice Houses.

That is why I said to their faces they should've bought into a Trailer Park.

We tried our best along with 15 other Homeowners but we were outnumbered. We are forced to have to move even though we love the location and our homes. Most of the 15 already have their homes up for sale. This is a sad situation but I'm sure that those here that also enjoy living like "Trash" are happy about this victory for the "Trashy" people.

dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
www.alienbabeltech.com
Originally posted by: buckmasterson
There is a stretch of Interstate 80 through Joliet Illinois that drops from 65 to 45 also. Of course I'm not trolling, just sharing this important information...

Thanks Buck, that's not trolling, it is clear that town is "Set Up" for extra revenue in that stretch and that is the only reason that stretch is lowered to 45, nothing to do with "Safety" of the road or anything and that is not right.

The road actually built to be a "Speed Trap". Gives whole new meaning to Cops hiding behind the bushes doesn't?

Mill

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999

If you really read the site and paid attention you would know we were paying attention to the area we were buying into. We were duped by an unscrupolous Builder that told the people that wanted Protective Covenants to keep Home Value that there is and then also told people that didn't want protective Covenants that there isn't. This was allowed by the local and State Government.

You're partially right about the Compound concept, that is pretty much what a fully protected Covenant Community is. It protects the Homeowners from Trashy people. If you do not adhere to the "Compound" rules you are thrown outside of the gates.

We moved from what was a nice neighborhood close to Atlanta that did not have Covenants and it was degraded by certain people moving in with things like Graffitti all over the place, the signs, electrical boxes, fences etc, then they parked all over the place sometimes 12 vehicles deep all over the yards etc etc. This brought down Home value and we moved up here into a subdivision we were told had protective Covenants so we would not have Trash people. Well turns out the Trash people were told that this is a Trash friendly neighborhood.

I've had the guts to at least face these "Trash" people in the face. It didn't help since they are unfortunately the majority as you can see by the posted vote count. We held a vote in an attempt to hold the neighborhood to higher "Covenant protected" standard but they voted to have the subdivision to be like a Trailer Park instead of nice Houses.

We tried our best along with 15 other Homeowners but we were outnumbered. We are forced to have to move even though we love the location and our homes. Most of the 15 already have their homes up for sale. This is a sad situation but I'm sure that those here that also enjoy living like "Trash" are happy about this victory for the "Trashy" people.

Always someone else's fault huh? Shouldn't you have gotten a copy of the covenant first and made sure it was valid?

dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
www.alienbabeltech.com

Always someone else's fault huh? Shouldn't you have gotten a copy of the covenant first and made sure it was valid?

It was valid, until the builder left. Then he said there is no more Covenants to the people that didn't want them.

Mill

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999

It was valid, until the builder left. Then he said there is no more Covenants to the people that didn't want them.

Then take the people in your community to court based on the Covenant, and take the builder to court as well.

dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
www.alienbabeltech.com

Then take the people in your community to court based on the Covenant, and take the builder to court as well.

"take the builder to court as well".

Tried that, he immediately Bankrupted the Company name he was using and is building all around with different named Companies now, don't you just love the American way.