SPECTACULAR CAR CRASH PICS!!! NASCAR Busch series wreck yesterday. *PICS*

NFS4

No Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
I saw the video this morning. He just STOOD UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was like WHOAHH!!!!!!!! :D

MichaelD

Lifer
Jan 16, 2001
Thank God that wall was there. I remember seeing a video (several years ago) of a Winston Stock Car that went end over end OVER the retaining wall and into the grandstand, landing right on top of about two dozen people. :(

Pretty amazing that he walked away, let alone lived...if you look carefull, you can see the dark, brown stains on the back and down the legs of his pants. :Q

Two words: Titanium Rollcage

Freejack2

Diamond Member
Dec 31, 2000
If I recall correctly Bristol is a small massively banked track. I might be wrong but I'd imagine driving on a track like that isn't the most comfortable thing in the world. :/

SaltBoy

Diamond Member
Aug 13, 2001
What they say about car crashes is true -- you can't keep your eyes off of them.

That is just amazing... :Q

Supermercado

Diamond Member
Jan 18, 2002
Originally posted by: Freejack2
If I recall correctly Bristol is a small massively banked track. I might be wrong but I'd imagine driving on a track like that isn't the most comfortable thing in the world. :/
You are correct. Bristol is the most banked track in the Winston Cup circuit. I think it's about 34% banking in the turns and somewhere around 10% in the straightaways. And yes, it's also very short. I think it's the second-shortest on the circuit, behind Martinsville (but only barely, they're both very short).

I saw the video for this crash last night while we were watching the Colorado State-Virginia game. I couldn't believe that he walked away from that crash. They showed a close-up shot of the crash and when the second car hit his car, he was sitting less than two feet from the point of impact, on that side of the car. :Q