Specific day for a letter and package delivery?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SoftwareEng

Apr 24, 2005
Hey there, does anyone know how to have a letter and a package delivered on a specific day? I'll give it plenty of time, I just don't want it to be delivered too early. For example, if it's a birthday present, I'd rather it get there not 1 or 2 days before, but ON the correct day.

Any way to do this with USPS, UPS, FedEx, or anyone else?

Thanks!

vshah

Lifer
Sep 20, 2003
if the major carriers don't work out, you might want to work with a courier service in the destination city.

SoftwareEng

Apr 24, 2005
No, it's a "I got you pregnant" postcard. Wouldn't want that to arrive too early and spook her off, you know?

seriously, anyone have any experience with the major carriers and specific-day arrangements?
Thanks!

Last edited:

numark

Golden Member
Sep 17, 2002
Well, depending on how much you're willing to pay for the service, you can always send it guaranteed overnight (USPS would probably be cheapest in this case). But you'll pay a pretty penny for it.

However, I know that at least UPS Ground usually delivers on the exact day they estimate when you ship it. That might be quite a bit cheaper, but you just might be the one exception to the rule.

vshah

Lifer
Sep 20, 2003
be careful with two day. sometimes it arrives in one day because it worked out cheaper that way for the carrier

Born2bwire

Diamond Member
Oct 28, 2005
No, it's a "I got your pregnant" postcard. Wouldn't want that to arrive too early and spook her off, you know?

seriously, anyone have any experience with the major carriers and specific-day arrangements?
Thanks!

Well, seriously you will probably want to ditch the timer and just trigger the explosive by the physical act of opening the package.

Jeff7

Lifer
Jan 4, 2001
The guaranteed way is probably to wait until the day before, then send it next-day air. :)

Other than that, you might be able to get close with this.

Status
Not open for further replies.