Special Edition: Thursday Desktop Thread

pyonir

Lifer
Dec 18, 2001
I just love this desktop, makes me laugh every time...so we get a Thursday edition this time. Deal with it.

w00t

effowe

Diamond Member
Nov 1, 2004
Originally posted by: scrawnypaleguy
Originally posted by: effowe
Work Desktop

What widget program are you using? I like the looks of that weather widget.

Its Yahoo Widgets, formerly Konfabulator. I was using the built in widgets with OSX and I did the trick so you could drag them to your desktop so you wouldn't have to press the F12 key or whatever to see them. The problem with this was that they were always on top of any window. I just disabled it and got Yahoo Widgets instead, more customizable and has a larger selection of widgets.

CKent

Diamond Member
Aug 17, 2005
Same as last week

Question - I know effowe is on a mac (nice looking desktop btw) but I've seen windows with a similar layout. How do you go about doing something like that?

Cristatus

Diamond Member
Oct 13, 2004
Originally posted by: CKent
Same as last week

Question - I know effowe is on a mac (nice looking desktop btw) but I've seen windows with a similar layout. How do you go about doing something like that?

It's called Yahoo Widget engine, and it's available for both Mac and Windows machines. Look it up. There are many similar programs like that: Rainlendar and Serious Samurize to name two.

(C)

meltdown75

Lifer
Nov 17, 2004
i haven't changed mine in at least a month...

Text

edit: you know your wife has been using your computer when you have a folder named "PICTURES" on your desktop :roll: