Question Speaking of Ryzen 3000 CPUs longetivity and voltages

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

birdie

Jan 12, 2019
That s all BS, either incompetence if not plain viral marketing, Total system power is 216W with Cinebench MT and 199W for Prime 95 including AVX2, so how could the guy have higher temp with AVX2..?.

https://www.computerbase.de/2019-07...hme-max-avx-last-windows-10-komplettes-system

Btw, we can also see that AMD s FPUs are vastly more efficient than Intel s, guess that it s what motivated this denigrating campaign, desperate times require as much desperate answers..

I've never had a desire to denigrate AMD or their products. All the topics I've created so far exist only to get to the bottom of it. I do not claim anything - I just ask and provide some data (perhaps dubious as I cannot verify it) from the web. If I had a Ryzen 3000 CPU I'd be better equipped for this discussion but I cannot afford it :-(

Abwx

Lifer
Apr 2, 2011
I've never had a desire to denigrate AMD or their products. All the topics I've created so far exist only to get to the bottom of it. I do not claim anything - I just ask and provide some data (perhaps dubious as I cannot verify it) from the web. If I had a Ryzen 3000 CPU I'd be better equipped for this discussion but I cannot afford it :-(

I was talking about the Reddit guy, he provide made up numbers, because Computerbase test Prime 95 with small FFTs they should measure way higher power and temperature

Power/temp is measured at 130W@81°C for this test, as a comparison the 9900K is at 211W@92.5°C in the same test when there s no frequency offset...

I repost the link so everyone can take a look at the temperatures, as well a the cooler they used (with two fans apparently) :

Noctua NH-U14S mit zwei NF-A15-Lüftern verwendet

https://www.computerbase.de/2019-07...hme-max-avx-last-windows-10-komplettes-system

All this sound like a viral marketing campaign that take different forms....

Blockheadfan

Feb 23, 2017

JAQing off

So you when you said in the other thread...

"Just in case, I'm not trolling or anything. I'm genuinely interested but at the moment I've put off my purchase because I don't want to be a beta tester. I want to build a system and forget."

Odd you brought up the T-word up unprompted but side-stepping that, when you said you put off your purchase because of not wanting to beta test in reality you can't afford it in any case?