Spanish Speakers.....need translation! Thanks!

AUMM

Diamond Member
Mar 13, 2001
Que pasa con tu? im not a spanish speaker, but i think that means like whats up with you?

rayma2

Nov 12, 2001
Both those are close to correct. There is more than one way to say it. You can say. Que te molesta? " what is bugging/bothering you" Que molestas? means "what are you bugging/bothering" Literaly translated

Nutdotnet

Diamond Member
Dec 5, 2000
I didn't know what it was....but isn't Que Pasa? slang for like, "What's up?" or "What's Happening?"

Soccer55

Golden Member
Jul 9, 2000
I believe ?que te pasa? is close to what you're looking for. But as abaez said, ?que te molesta? means what is bothering you and would probably work for you.

-Tom

Medea

Golden Member
Dec 5, 2000
<but isn't Que Pasa? slang for like, "What's up?" or "What's Happening?"

Yep.

asabour

Aug 28, 2000
spanish-speaking people say "que pasa" for "what's the matter", and there are other ways to say it. It would be "que pasa contigo" if you want to get specific with the person ("que pasa con tu" is totally wrong and sounds funny).

Nutdotnet

Diamond Member
Dec 5, 2000
Right, right.....

I say "Que Pasa" a lot to my buddies. One of my friends who knows a little bit of spanish thought I was always saying, "What's Wrong?" instead of "What's Up?" or "What's Happening?" I first told him that Que Pasa doesn't mean "What's wrong?" but I guess I am the one that was incorrect.

asabour

Aug 28, 2000
que pasa means both, it depends in the mood they're in. If you can tell they are upset and say "que pasa?", it means "whats the matter?" If they seem normal and you ask it, it means "whats happining" (pasa comes from "pasar", which means "to happen" or "to pass").

BTW, I studied spanish for a semester down in Costa Rica, so I'm pretty good at it :p

AUMM

Diamond Member
Mar 13, 2001

<< ("que pasa con tu" is totally wrong and sounds funny). >>

:eek: 4 years of spanish down the drain :D