Spagnuolo Rejects Redskins

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Carbo

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2000
Originally posted by: BHeemsoth
Originally posted by: Carbo
Great news indeed...I guess Spags realized what a mess the 'Skins organization is in between the salary cap and Snyder.

BTW, Carbo...I've been meaning to ask you. Are you the same Carbo that posts on NJ.com/Giants?

-Brian
C'mon, Brian! There can be only one Carbo. ;) In other words, guilty as charged.

Heh, I figured it was you.

Earlier on in the season I did detect quite a distinct tinge of Coughlin-hate.
"tinge"? Hehe. . .you're being kind, my friend. I was vociferous in my rants against Coughlin from the day the Giants hired him. I thought he was out of touch with today's NFL game and players. I had him pegged as reason number one why the Giants were going to be a .500 club again and pull their usual One-and-Done post season dance.
Clearly, he has bitch slapped me silly. It's a rarity, but I was wrong. ;)

ThePresence

Elite Member
Nov 19, 2001
Originally posted by: Gnrslash4life
Ive always liked Coughlin however i was an Eli hater. He has now shut me up.

I was never an Eli hater, but I had given up on him after the Minnesota game and I figured he was a huge bust. I was a big supporter of his until that game. So now I see that my first thought was the correct one. :p

Carbo

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2000
Originally posted by: ThePresence

I was never an Eli hater, but I had given up on him after the Minnesota game and I figured he was a huge bust. I was a big supporter of his until that game. So now I see that my first thought was the correct one. :p
Let's not rush to judgement in the opposite direction just yet. Let me see a season's worth of consistent play and leadership, then I'll be willing to put away my Phil Simms doll that I usually sleep with.

ThePresence

Elite Member
Nov 19, 2001

Let's not rush to judgement in the opposite direction just yet. Let me see a season's worth of consistent play and leadership, then I'll be willing to put away my Phil Simms doll that I usually sleep with.

Oh, I don't consider him a top tier QB. I think he's a high-quality NFL QB.

BHeemsoth

Platinum Member
Jul 30, 2002
Great news indeed...I guess Spags realized what a mess the 'Skins organization is in between the salary cap and Snyder.

BTW, Carbo...I've been meaning to ask you. Are you the same Carbo that posts on NJ.com/Giants?

-Brian
C'mon, Brian! There can be only one Carbo. ;) In other words, guilty as charged.

"tinge"? Hehe. . .you're being kind, my friend. I was vociferous in my rants against Coughlin from the day the Giants hired him. I thought he was out of touch with today's NFL game and players. I had him pegged as reason number one why the Giants were going to be a .500 club again and pull their usual One-and-Done post season dance.

Heh, no worries...he bitch slapped me as well.

After the Vikings game I was ready to give up on both him and Eli. Looking back now I feel so silly. Then again, everyone was on the edge back then. I can recall Presence making similar statements following that game.

Nov 3, 2004

it doesn't even matter if he sucks now. He got the Giants a Super Bowl.

ThePresence

Elite Member
Nov 19, 2001

-Brian

Heh, no worries...he bitch slapped me as well.

After the Vikings game I was ready to give up on both him and Eli. Looking back now I feel so silly. Then again, everyone was on the edge back then. I can recall Presence making similar statements following that game.

Guilty as charged.