Space exploration/open space world for flying etc

futurefields

Diamond Member
Jun 2, 2012
Where are the games where im a ship pilot and i explore outer space and get new missions and collectibles etc, and there are side quests and stuff, and free roaming in space you customize your ship etc... ????

Last edited:

Martimus

Diamond Member
Apr 24, 2007
X3. Reunion.
Don't forget Albion Prelude (latest version of X3.) It is the easiest one to get into as a beginner, and really my favorite one anyway.

I hope X: rebirth is good.

Eve is also a good one, but quite different than X3 in that it is all in the 3rd person, and also because it is an MMO. However the game mechanics are surprisingly similar beyond those two things.

Last edited:

Dumac

Diamond Member
Dec 31, 2005
I have X3 but have been too intimidated to play it.

Evochron Mercenary and The Precursors are relatively unknown titles.

If you are patient, there is Star Citizen.

ZzZGuy

Golden Member
Nov 15, 2006
If you like minecraft there's Starmade.

Minecraft in space, you build your own functional spaceship to explore, salvage and fight NCP pirates(with loot)/players. It's in alpha and it shows but it's free atm. They have "planets" that are more like dinner plates but they are still cool to explore like ones with ice towers as well as abandoned stations. Single player and MP servers are working.

If you like the X3 series then there's X Rebirth coming out Nov 15th which has a whole new game engine, more to explore and supposed to be a lot easier for new players to get into (the sea of menu`s condensed down into conversations with your NPC co-pilot). They also stated you can fit scanners to find hidden stuff off of the "space highways". http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eNs1rdSkUi8