Southwest passenger has melt down over screaming baby

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
No, you kick off the entire family if they don't do everything they can to keep their kids in check...or stop the baby from crying. It's not the baby's fault...ears that don't pop, loud noises, strange people...all can be uncomfortable for the wee ones...but if the parents ignore it..."babies cry, get over it" .or don't stop their precious little snowflakes from running up/down the aisles, from kicking seats, and just bothering other people...THOSE are the ones who need to be removed from flights.

I don't disagree that having "segregated" flights would be a good idea.

I'll take it a step further lol ... kids "running up and down the aisles" unchecked should potentially result in charges of neglect being brought against the parents along with being kicked off the flight. (and banned from the airline)

OTOH that pathetic excuse for a "man" in that video makes me want to puke.

Fortunately both my daughters were perfect angels when flying the few times my ex and I took them places on planes. (with the help of a little benadryl as suggested by their pediatrician)

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
Or, how about we scan for small infants with colds the way with do adults saturated in alcohol? Poor kid won't be able to equalize easily, will go through a lot of pain until pressure eventually does the job, twice. How about something to the tune of 'sick kids under a certain age require decongestants in order to board.' Just spit ballin here. The idea is to have uneventful, safe flights with zero conflict or triggers, right?

Reactions: Captante

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
After Covid it wouldn't be a bad thing to screen every passenger for colds/flu/random biblical-level plague prior to every flight frankly .... I can't see it working in stupid-a$$ 'murica though because "muh rites".

:(

Last edited:

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
The best approach probably is to just have a separate section on the plane that is enclosed for parents with babies/toddlers. Make alcohol free in that section, because the adults in there are going to need it. :p

• Haha

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
The best approach probably is to just have a separate section on the plane that is enclosed for parents with babies/toddlers. Make alcohol free in that section, because the adults in there are going to need it. :p

Actually even though my daughters were good when traveling/flying there was still plenty of screaming/crying and complaining (mostly @ strident rock-concert volume!) to go around in day-to-day life believe you me!

:p :oops:

My point in saying this is that after a while (especially with a "difficult" kid) as a parent you essentially become virtually immune to kids screaming/crying/bitching! This includes other peoples kids as well!

Maybe they can come up with a vaccine ?!? :D

Unfortunately said "immunity" wears off rapidly later in life! ;)

Last edited:
Jun 18, 2000
Soothing a crying baby is tough. I'm sure the ones that appear to just let their kids cry spend hours every fucking day dealing with their crying brats. Tuning it out might be the only way they keep their sanity.

purbeast0

No Lifer
Sep 13, 2001
I've gotten quite a bit of few drinks on flights with my kids when they are young. The attendants understand it lol.

My 2 year old has been out of the country more than my entire immediate family combined. And no it wasn't ever to go see family. It was to go on a tropical vacation every time.

That dudes wife looks completely defeated too lol. She's the real loser in all of this.

Mar 11, 2004
Really? You can't think of one reason why someone would travel with their child?

You're looking at it wrong. Because first it would require a woman wanting to be gingerized by him and even he can't think of a reason for that to ever happen. Then again, that would help explain why he's so out of touch with reality, because he just touches himself.