South Park took on World of Warcraft. Now they will take on....

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Jeff7

Lifer
Jan 4, 2001
I wonder now - I had a roommate who loved both South Park and Guitar Hero. Will his brain simply implode after seeing this episode?

Pepsei

Lifer
Dec 14, 2001
LOL heroine hero!! bet some people doesn't know what 'chasing dragon' is.

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
Congratulations! YOU ARE A i love you!

the episode was ok. the ending was good though heh. i was not expecting that.

Soundmanred

Lifer
Oct 26, 2006
Now maybe all the tards who play this and think they are musicians will realize that it's just like Stan's mom said - it's just a controller.
Nah, probably not.
Another great episode!

Queasy

Moderator<br>Console Gaming
Aug 24, 2001
I was cracking up at Thad fingering the controller at the restaurant with no sound other than the clicks of buttons.

Oct 19, 2000
Originally posted by: Soundmanred
Now maybe all the tards who play this and think they are musicians will realize that it's just like Stan's mom said - it's just a controller.

Hmmm, not sure there's anyone out there who seriously thinks they are a musician because they are good at Guitar Hero......

Originally posted by: Queasy
I was cracking up at Thad fingering the controller at the restaurant with no sound other than the clicks of buttons.

"He's so good, he doesn't even need the system........he can play acoustic."

Mar 11, 2004
Originally posted by: blurredvision

Hmmm, not sure there's anyone out there who seriously thinks they are a musician because they are good at Guitar Hero......

Yeah, I'm not sure where some of you are supposedly meeting these people who think because they play Guitar Hero that they would be good at actually playing guitar.

This is the only episode that I've really liked of the new ones. There were a bunch of good parts, but I liked the bowling alley scenes the best.

Oct 25, 2006
Originally posted by: darkswordsman17
Originally posted by: blurredvision

Yeah, I'm not sure where some of you are supposedly meeting these people who think because they play Guitar Hero that they would be good at actually playing guitar.

This is the only episode that I've really liked of the new ones. There were a bunch of good parts, but I liked the bowling alley scenes the best.

Its more of the fact that people think they look cool cause they are playing a guitar when they are really not.

Soundmanred

Lifer
Oct 26, 2006
Yes, it's more that they think they are "rockstars" or somehow on par with people that actually took the time and have the skill to play guitar.
I'm sure GH is quite taxing on the mind and coordination however, so I give props to the million pointers out there.
Not really.

Oct 25, 2006
Yes, it's more that they think they are "rockstars" or somehow on par with people that actually took the time and have the skill to play guitar.
I'm sure GH is quite taxing on the mind and coordination however, so I give props to the million pointers out there.
Not really.

Lol. There really is no other reason why GH is so popular. It makes kids think they are starts.

I've always said, Guitar Hero is American DDR, except without the physical exertion

Nik

Lifer
Jun 5, 2006
Originally posted by: tenshodo13
Not really.

Lol. There really is no other reason why GH is so popular. It makes kids think they are starts.

I've always said, Guitar Hero is American DDR, except without the physical exertion

You two are idiots.

Mar 11, 2004

Its more of the fact that people think they look cool cause they are playing a guitar when they are really not.

That baffles me just as much and again is something I've never seen from anyone playing the game. I think either you are taking people too seriously or you hang around some pretty stupid people.

Soundmanred

Lifer
Oct 26, 2006
Originally posted by: GuideBot
Not really.

You two are idiots.

And why is that?
You think they would make an episode if none of it were true?
There are "those guys" out there!
They are similar to Keyboard Commandos, the ones who somehow connect with characters in games and movies and try to emulate them in real life, failing miserably. (Or call people they don't know idiots)

Nik

Lifer
Jun 5, 2006
Not really.

You two are idiots.

And why is that?
You think they would make an episode if none of it were true?
There are "those guys" out there!

They made the episode because Guitar Hero is a buzz word. It's a household name. It's a way to relate to the viewer, to drive up ratings, to make more money. It all comes back to the paycheck. There are probably SCORES of people who are going to watch South Park for the first time because of the choice for this episode.

The same thing happened when SP covered WoW. Ratings go up, the show makers get more money.

Soundmanred

Lifer
Oct 26, 2006
But the truth is there are people like that who somehow fool themselves into thinking it's cool. Don't get me wrong, it's a fun game!
I'm glad SP episodes are getting better and relatable to current culture instead of the old style shock humor. It's still there, but it's smarter now. Now if only Fox could get The Simpsons back on track, I'd be happy!

Eeezee

Diamond Member
Jul 23, 2005
Meh, episode was so-so. I really liked Heroine Hero.

On second thought this was a good episode, but the rest of the season has been so amazing that I guess I'm now spoiled.

Eeezee

Diamond Member
Jul 23, 2005
Not really.

You two are idiots.

Exactly. It's a game. It's meant to be fun. It is fun. Is there something wrong with that?