Sources: Clark to Endores Kerry

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com
Especially when his campaign manager was pushing the kerry marital thing and was also kerry's old campaign manager.

In short - I don't have a clue why he'd back someone he mentioned "off the record" will shortly implode.

CkG

bozack

Diamond Member
Jan 14, 2000
They were talking about this on the radio today and I thought it was rather interesting....

Seems from what I have heard it was Clark himself who leaked the info about Kerry's extra marrital affair...which is quite interesting seeing as how tommorow he will officially back Kerry in the race....

the general concensus is that the info was given to Clark by the Clintons for one of two things....

1. They want to drop Kerry out and put Dean or even Clark into the lead spot as they want someone who is guaranteed to lose to Bush so that Hillary can be set up for the next election....

or.

2. Hilliary is going to make a surprise announcement and jump into the game a little late now and try and go up against bush...

I honestly think if either of those happen it would be very interesting.

digitalsm

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2003
Im sorry but this story has more legs than a milipede.

Clark merely made off the cuff remarks. Its not Clarks camp that lead the horse to water in the case. Its the Edwards camp that created the legs for this story. The media was investigating this well before Clark knew about it. The Edwards camp hopes Clark will take all the heat for muddslinging, but its not going to work.

This is in no way Republicans. This is full blown democrats eating eachother alive. Which furthers my point, that the Democratic party is on the road to destruction. They will not be unified come November. They will ultimately lose. Its already a fore gone conculsion they will be losing house and senate seats. The presidency is their last ditch effort, and its just not going to happen. By time Bush opens his warchest, the democrats will done the bulk of the work in tearing down their nominee. Doesnt matter if its Kerry, Dean, or Edwards.

digitalsm

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2003
Originally posted by: bozack
They were talking about this on the radio today and I thought it was rather interesting....

Seems from what I have heard it was Clark himself who leaked the info about Kerry's extra marrital affair...which is quite interesting seeing as how tommorow he will officially back Kerry in the race....

the general concensus is that the info was given to Clark by the Clintons for one of two things....

1. They want to drop Kerry out and put Dean or even Clark into the lead spot as they want someone who is guaranteed to lose to Bush so that Hillary can be set up for the next election....

or.

2. Hilliary is going to make a surprise announcement and jump into the game a little late now and try and go up against bush...

I honestly think if either of those happen it would be very interesting.

You are barking up the right tree, there are Clinton ties to this story, but not in the way you think. Put it this way, I expect the Clintons to endorse John Edwards. A FoB(friend of Bill) is allegedly behind the story getting legs, this FoB is part of the Edwards camp. Im not going to name names, but I fully expect it all to come out over the next two months. Its going to be a mess. Put on your boots, the sh!t is going to be knee high.

bozack

Diamond Member
Jan 14, 2000
Found this on another board,

Don't know the source though....

OUT OF AFRICA: KERRY PREPARES RESPONSE TO MEDIA PROBE OF RELATIONSHIP

**Exclusive**

Democratic presidential frontrunner John Kerry is planning a response to a DRUDGE REPORT exclusive which first revealed the frantic behind-the-scenes drama surrounding a woman who recently fled the country, reportedly at the prodding of Kerry!

The nature and details of a claimed two-year relationship, beginning in the Spring of 2001, between a young woman and Kerry is at the center of serious investigations at several media outlets.

After being approached by a top news producer, the woman fled to Africa, where she remains, the DRUDGE REPORT can reveal.

Unlike the Monica Lewinsky drama, which first played out publicly in this space, with audio tapes, cigar and a dress, the Kerry situation has posed a challange to reporters investigating the claims.

"There is no lawsuit testimony this time [like Clinton with Paula Jones]," a top source said Thursday night. "It is hard to prove."

A close friend of the woman first approached a reporter late last year claiming fantastic stories -- stories that now threaten to turn the race for the presidency on its head.

Kerry is scheduled to appear on IMUS IN THE MORNING on Friday. Later he is scheduled to join General Wesley Clark, who, in an off-the-record conversation with a dozen reporters earlier this week, plainly stated: "Kerry will implode over an intern issue."

Reporters who witnessed Clark making the stunning comments marvel at the General's reluctance to later confirm they were spoken -- only to later endorse Kerry for the nomination!

Developing...

bozack

Diamond Member
Jan 14, 2000
Originally posted by: digitalsm
You are barking up the right tree, there are Clinton ties to this story, but not in the way you think. Put it this way, I expect the Clintons to endorse John Edwards. A FoB(friend of Bill) is allegedly behind the story getting legs, this FoB is part of the Edwards camp. Im not going to name names, but I fully expect it all to come out over the next two months. Its going to be a mess. Put on your boots, the sh!t is going to be knee high.

Hey Digital, I was just parroting what I heard on talk radio this afternoon, I am anxious to see if Kerry is on Imus tommorow as I will tune in....I would love to see Edwards get the endorsement as IMHO he was the only decent one of the pack anyway....I still think they are gearing up for Hilliary in a few years, which IMHO will be "judgement day" and I will most likely move to Canada :)

smashp

Platinum Member
Aug 30, 2003

**Exclusive**

Democratic presidential frontrunner John Kerry is planning a response to a DRUDGE REPORT exclusive which first revealed the frantic behind-the-scenes drama surrounding a woman who recently fled the country, reportedly at the prodding of Kerry!

The nature and details of a claimed two-year relationship, beginning in the Spring of 2001, between a young woman and Kerry is at the center of serious investigations at several media outlets.

After being approached by a top news producer, the woman fled to Africa, where she remains, the DRUDGE REPORT can reveal.

Unlike the Monica Lewinsky drama, which first played out publicly in this space, with audio tapes, cigar and a dress, the Kerry situation has posed a challange to reporters investigating the claims.

"There is no lawsuit testimony this time [like Clinton with Paula Jones]," a top source said Thursday night. "It is hard to prove."

A close friend of the woman first approached a reporter late last year claiming fantastic stories -- stories that now threaten to turn the race for the presidency on its head.

Kerry is scheduled to appear on IMUS IN THE MORNING on Friday. Later he is scheduled to join General Wesley Clark, who, in an off-the-record conversation with a dozen reporters earlier this week, plainly stated: "Kerry will implode over an intern issue."

Reporters who witnessed Clark making the stunning comments marvel at the General's reluctance to later confirm they were spoken -- only to later endorse Kerry for the nomination!

Developing...

HMMMM no other outlet but Drudge, Not many other Liberal and conservative pundits biting, Off the record remarks and And Intern for a senator that is an AP reporter?

Must be Matt Sludge

Developing.....

digitalsm

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2003
Originally posted by: smashp

**Exclusive**

Developing...

HMMMM no other outlet but Drudge, Not many other Liberal and conservative pundits biting, Off the record remarks and And Intern for a senator that is an AP reporter?

Must be Matt Sludge

Developing.....

Uh no. Saying its just drudge behind this is just flat out wrong. To say its Republicans behind it is also wrong.

Clarks comments HAVE been independently verified by other media sources. Other news outlets have been investigating it, Drudge was just the one that pulled the trigger(he has moles inside various media outlets).

bozack

Diamond Member
Jan 14, 2000

Must be Matt Sludge

Developing.....

Still, pretty interesting that he has not made a formal reply yet....if it wasn't true, or their was no truth to it you would think he thrown back a response faster than he would have tossed a hot potato, but instead they sat on it and dwelled on it all afternoon and are not saying anything until tommorow....interesting.

smashp

Platinum Member
Aug 30, 2003

**Exclusive**

Developing...

Must be Matt Sludge

Developing.....

Uh no. Saying its just drudge behind this is just flat out wrong. To say its Republicans behind it is also wrong.

Clarks comments HAVE been independently verified by other media sources. Other news outlets have been investigating it, Drudge was just the one that pulled the trigger(he has moles inside various media outlets).

no, im saying the Story is planted and is a BS story. Drudge is the only one stupid enough to junp on it ( without facts and real sources) This story is servng a purpose FOR democrats

Developing....

digitalsm

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2003

**Exclusive**

Developing...

Must be Matt Sludge

Developing.....

no, im saying the Story is planted and is a BS story. Drudge is the only one stupid enough to junp on it ( without facts and real sources) This story is servng a purpose FOR democrats

Developing....

*bookmarks thread* I'll come back and laugh when it turns out to be true.

bozack

Diamond Member
Jan 14, 2000

Developing....

Seems like a pretty strong claim you are making there.....not something I would be as eager to say, personally I don't think it was "planted" just covered up and someone decided to let the cat out of the bag now instead of later....they also addressed the matter of other media outlets not reporting it on the radio and the concensus was that no one wanted to be first to break the story as everyone else would then jump on the bandwagon and claim the story was officially released by the first source that reported it...

I hope it is true as it would really spice things up....however the issue that Kerry still has yet to respond to it is very interesting...some will say "who cares, Klinton did the same thing and was ok" but remember Klinton was already prez and already percieved as doing a good job, not to mention it was his second term in office....Kerry is still for the most part a nobody.

digitalsm

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2003

Developing....

Seems like a pretty strong claim you are making there.....not something I would be as eager to say, personally I don't think it was "planted" just covered up and someone decided to let the cat out of the bag now instead of later....they also addressed the matter of other media outlets not reporting it on the radio and the concensus was that no one wanted to be first to break the story as everyone else would then jump on the bandwagon and claim the story was officially released by the first source that reported it...

I hope it is true as it would really spice things up....however the issue that Kerry still has yet to respond to it is very interesting...some will say "who cares, Klinton did the same thing and was ok" but remember Klinton was already prez and already percieved as doing a good job, not to mention it was his second term in office....Kerry is still for the most part a nobody.

Yes lets all not forget the 1988 election. An affair the front runner had was exposed, and led to Dukakis(sp?) getting the nod.

EXman

Lifer
Jul 12, 2001
Gary Hart is Laughing his Ass off right now!

Oh and those who do not like Drudge are still pissed that he Exposed Clinton. And I have heard Time, newsweek, ABC, and AP are all formulating stories now.

Clinton is behind this no doubt it will be Powell vs Clinton in '08?

Clark is known to be vendictive he is a Clinton Puppet.

digitalsm

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2003
Originally posted by: EXman
Gary Hart is Laughing his Ass off right now!

Oh and those who do not like Drudge are still pissed that he Exposed Clinton. And I have heard Time, newsweek, ABC, and AP are all formulating stories now.

Clinton is behind this no doubt it will be Powell vs Clinton in '08?

Clark is known to be vendictive he is a Clinton Puppet.

Theres rumors floating around a FoB(friend of Bill) is involved. Hes a big time democratic party fundraiser.

smashp

Platinum Member
Aug 30, 2003

Developing....

Everyone has the Great conspiracy theory that this is the Clintons or so behinf this attempting to weaken Kerry. If you are willing to believe that, how much more likely is it to be a calculated attempt to discredit the drudge report right before the election goes into full swing. to majorly discredit drudge as tabloidesque right now would really benifit the Democrats in the future when attack pieces against the Dem candidate break on his site.

I am Seeing my theory slowly evolve with the full fledged Denial of Kerry this mourning on Imus. The Mainstream isnt Biting except to refer to it as a rumor from a sketchy source in drudge.

Now tell me how the liberal media is scared to slam their Guy. The Truth that everyone knows is that all most all media outlets cannot keep their hands off of a sexual scandal of Any type.

Hence my resoning that the charges are BS.