Sorry for multiple postings. Still learning. 9000 PCI question.

Mloot

Diamond Member
Aug 24, 2002

I have been waiting to get the Radeon 9000 PCI for my computer. I am currently running a Radeon 7000 32mb ddr on a 1.7Ghz celeron with 512mb pc2100. I am only a casual gamer, but I do like Dungeon Siege, which bogs down quite frequently, even at low quality, low resolution. I have been in contact with one of Powercolor's USA distributors, and have been told that they will start receiving the 9000 PCI at the end of the month. Should I get their card, or wait for Hercules' version? I have never dealt with either company or their products. Any feedback would be appreciated.

Moishe

Feb 27, 2002
I've never heard anything really bad about powercolor. They've been a cheap card producer for awhile I think... I image that if their RMA policies and warranties are normal then you shouldn't have problems.

How long will it take for Hercules to put out the PCI version? If it's more than 3 months then I see no reason to wait...
I kinda suprised (plesantly) to see ATi putting out a pci card. There are a lot of motherboards (workstations) without an AGP slot, and PCI becomes really handy at that point.

Mo