Sorry, Brown People, Donald Trump Doesn’t Believe You’re Real Americans

Indus

Diamond Member
May 11, 2002
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/donald-trump-mexicans_us_5751e972e4b0c3752dcda87f

As someone who’s Asian-American, all my life I’ve dealt with people who assume that I speak Chinese. The majority of times I get in a cab, one of the first questions from the driver will be, “Where are you from?” (And they’re never satisfied when I say “Buffalo.”) There was also that one time a woman held up some Japanese food and assumed I knew all about it because, well, just look at me.

When you look different, there’s still an assumption that you’re a bit foreign. Sure, you’ve lived in the United States your whole life and you’re a citizen. Maybe you and your parents — or even grandparents — were born here. But you still must have ties to wherever your ancestors came from, because you’re not white.

That type of behavior is no longer confined to random cab drivers or ignorant people on the street. It’s now being pushed by the Republican Party’s presumptive presidential nominee.

On Friday, Donald Trump continued to insist that Gonzalo Curiel, a federal judge, is “Mexican” and biased against him because of his plan to build a wall with Mexico. Curiel was born in Indiana to parents who emigrated from Mexico.

Curiel is in Trump’s crosshairs because he is handling two lawsuits against Trump University, the for-profit school that former employees have called a “fraudulent scheme“ that “preyed upon the elderly and uneducated to separate them from their money.” Last week, the judge ordered the release of embarrassing internal documents, which set off Trump’s anger. Trump called him a “hater” and said he believed the judge was “Mexican.”

Despite the criticism he received, Trump doubled-down on those accusations during an interview with CNN Friday.

“He’s a Mexican,” Trump said of Curiel. “We’re building a wall between here and Mexico. The answer is, he is giving us very unfair rulings — rulings that people can’t even believe.”

It’s worth noting that in the late 1990s, Curiel was a prosecutor going after Mexican drug cartels. Because of that work, a Tijuana drug lord targeted him for assassination, and federal marshals put him under 24-hour protection for a year.

CNN host Jake Tapper pointed out that Curiel is from Indiana. Trump replied that Curiel is of “Mexican heritage” and “very proud of it.”

These types of racial assumptions — that American citizens are more loyal to their country of heritage than the United States — drove fears of Japanese-Americans during World War II as well, which eventually led to the internment of about 120,000 people. It’s a decision that is now considered one of America’s most shameful acts. They had done nothing wrong, but many people in the country worried that they were secretly loyal to the Axis powers.

564ca7651e00002d00264c69.jpeg

Someone finally gets it. I too am an Asian American and I too have seen the violence by Trump supporters on me, my neighbors. And this is why its unbelievable that someone would question my loyalty and love for my homeland.

chucky2

Lifer
Dec 9, 1999
Is this the violence of Trump supporters that are causing violence against Trump supporters at Trump events? Just wondering...

Feb 4, 2009
Build the wall, and maybe stupid people like Indus will die off.

-John

Hey Zork I'm not a believer that the wall will do anything significant but I'm ok with one being built provided I get something. Assuming the wall costs 9 billion to plan & build then 300-500 million per year for upkeep & staff.
What would you be willing to compromise on to get the wall done, assume the cost is accurate and when I say you I mean something for the country like better min wage but try to be specific.

compuwiz1

Admin Emeritus Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
If I posted a thread title like this, since I'm not a liberal, it would get shut down.

alcoholbob

Diamond Member
May 24, 2005

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
He doesn't call for violence, Jhnn.

-John
Yeah, dude, he really does. He tells people that their anger and their hate are justified and that they should act upon it.
Trump isn't even his party's official nominee and he's already tearing this country apart.

LegendKiller

Lifer
Mar 5, 2001
Trump calls for violence & gets violence. How is that difficult to comprehend?

Violence against whom? Did the people being assaulted call for violence? Did they do anything themselves?

The trump stuff was isolated and mostly due to leftist agitators coming in and starting shit.

Now you see the nature of the beast. Leftists, by their very nature, demand compliance at the end of a gun. They are the true big-government fascists.

LegendKiller

Lifer
Mar 5, 2001
Yeah, dude, he really does. He tells people that their anger and their hate are justified and that they should act upon it.
Trump isn't even his party's official nominee and he's already tearing this country apart.

Their anger is justified. They have sat here watching their country invaded, their values destroyed, their jobs taken, all in the name of what? Establishment and progressive nuttery.

The country was already torn apart.

MongGrel

Lifer
Dec 3, 2013
Violence against whom? Did the people being assaulted call for violence? Did they do anything themselves?

The trump stuff was isolated and mostly due to leftist agitators coming in and starting shit.

Now you see the nature of the beast. Leftists, by their very nature, demand compliance at the end of a gun. They are the true big-government fascists.

Keep on flailing away man.

Drumpf is one of the ones that has been shipping jobs overseas for a long time now.

b8hxUCa.jpg

Last edited:

Venix

Golden Member
Aug 22, 2002
lol Huffington Post. Editor's note: Trump is a racist antisemitic misogynist homophobic dog-hating white supremacist child raping wife beating drug dealing blah blah blah wah wah wah I need my pacifier

Trump said nothing negative about Mexicans--sorry, I mean "brown people," because grouping together Arabs, Indians, Mexicans, and everyone else not white is somehow "progressive" now--in general. His complaint is that this specific judge is "of Mexican heritage and ... very proud of it" and "a member of a society ... [that's] very pro-Mexico." Tapper asked, "So no Mexican judge could ever be involved in a case that involves you?" and Trump disagreed with him and replied with the "member of a society" comment.

Trump's argument is: "I plan to enact policies that harm X. A person who has publicly expressed strong support for X and belongs to a pro-X group has treated me unfairly. His bias against me is likely due to his opposition of my plans that harm X." That is a (mostly) logically sound argument, and not "racist" or "sexist" or whatever "*-ist" is being thrown around this time. It's just a stupid argument in this case because Trump has presented no evidence to support his claim that he's been treated unfairly, or that the judge cares about Trump's Mexico policies, and he appears to have conflated the La Raza lawyer group with that other crazy but unrelated La Raza group.

Trump says a lot of shit without backing it up, but instead of a reasoned critique that explains why he's factually incorrect we get shrill whining about how he's a *-ist. He probably would have been booted out of the race months ago if his opponents had simply calmly and logically dismantled his arguments instead of screaming about how offensive he is.