Soooo.... What's Bernie doing these days?

Bitek

Lifer
Aug 2, 2001
In the mid season finale episode of the Democratic Primary, we ended where Bernie was badly beaten in FL, MI and other key races, and was thought to be on the verge of dropping out.

Cliff hanger: He didn't

So where are we now? What's Bernie's plan?
Any chance you think the trajectory of a Biden nomination changes?
Predictions on when primary resumes, and what will happen?

Thump553

Lifer
Jun 2, 2000
The fact that he hasn't dropped out yet-thus requiring futile primaries in states like mine (in the heart of the COVID-19 infestation area) means this is basically an ego trip at this time, no matter how many lives are endangered.

Reactions: dank69

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
In the mid season finale episode of the Democratic Primary, we ended where Bernie was badly beaten in FL, MI and other key races, and was thought to be on the verge of dropping out.

Cliff hanger: He didn't

So where are we now? What's Bernie's plan?
Any chance you think the trajectory of a Biden nomination changes?
Predictions on when primary resumes, and what will happen?

He's been doing a lot. Daily vidblogs discussing the Pandemic and other issues. All the while Biden was hiding Bernie was out everyday being as visible as possible.

Reactions: DarthKyrie

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
If I had to guess it appears his troll army is doing what ever it can to hurt Biden in order to help his chances in the states that are left. Bernie knows that turn out wins and Bernie’s base is more likely to turn out than Bidens. So it seems Bernie is letting his faithful do his dirty work while he plays president.

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
If I had to guess it appears his troll army is doing what ever it can to hurt Biden in order to help his chances in the states that are left. Bernie knows that turn out wins and Bernie’s base is more likely to turn out than Bidens. So it seems Bernie is letting his faithful do his dirty work while he plays president.

The truth about Biden hurts him. Sorry.

Xcobra

Diamond Member
Oct 19, 2004
Is this all you all have? The same shit: "But his base though, stupid Bernie bros..." It's getting old. I like what's he's been up to unlike Biden 🙄

blankslate

Diamond Member
Jun 16, 2008
Actually Bernie is doing youtube live streams talking about covid19 developments ocassionally because CNN would rather have Biden on....

as this video shows and talks about

also some conspiracy theorists believe Bernie went out and found someone to make a #metoo accusation against Biden I guess

but hey even with the above Trump's grave mishandling of the economy with taxes that overwhelmingly favor the 1% and above over the middle/working class and his criminally (imho) negligent handling of the pandemic means that even with the factors highlighted in the above two videos. Biden still has a chance against Trump so there is that.

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
Is this all you all have? The same shit: "But his base though, stupid Bernie bros..." It's getting old. I like what's he's been up to unlike Biden 🙄

Lol

I’m just basing my opinions on what I see. Take this thread for example;)

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000

We need Presidents like Biden or Trump so we can make sure the climate turns into a steam bath. Good old "Vote for someone else" Joe.

alcoholbob

Diamond Member
May 24, 2005

Politics is all about power. Because he's losing, all his fans are loser Bernie Bros. Until Obama won, the centrists called his fans loser Obama Boys. You have to understand, as long as you are the underdog, the establishmentarians will call your candidate fringe losers. When you take it personally, you are letting the other side win, because they (the centrists) understand politics is a power struggle, and the ends justify the means, and being defensive about these attacks actually shows you aren't ready for real power and haven't learned anything about Trump's ascension.

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
Politics is all about power. Because he's losing, all his fans are loser Bernie Bros. Until Obama won, the centrists called his fans loser Obama Boys. You have to understand, as long as you are the underdog, the establishmentarians will call your candidate fringe losers. When you take it personally, you are letting the other side win, because they (the centrists) understand politics is a power struggle, and the ends justify the means, and being defensive about these attacks actually shows you aren't ready for real power and haven't learned anything about Trump's ascension.

Lol wut?

Hayabusa Rider

Jan 26, 2000
If you think trump and Biden are the same in any aspect, well...

I already gave you a clue and that's "vote for someone else". He doesn't take warming seriously and so nothing effective will be done because he doesn't care. Trump doesn't either. But yes, Trump might shove us over a thousand foot cliff while Joe give us a better chance by shoving us onto sharp rocks 500 ft straight down.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
I already gave you a clue and that's "vote for someone else". He doesn't take warming seriously and so nothing effective will be done because he doesn't care. Trump doesn't either. But yes, Trump might shove us over a thousand foot cliff while Joe give us a better chance by shoving us onto sharp rocks 500 ft straight down.
Botthsides with a vengeance!

Bitek

Lifer
Aug 2, 2001
He's been doing a lot. Daily vidblogs discussing the Pandemic and other issues. All the while Biden was hiding Bernie was out everyday being as visible as possible.

Do you think this will have a meaningful impact on the race?

I don't see how either candidate can get much attention, but that's less damaging to Biden's effort. I also can't see how they meaningfully restart their campaigns until June (depending on how bad Trump continues to screw this up.)

Primaries are being delayed, then the convention is mid-July (how that even happens IDK...)

Not really seeing a possible endgame for Bernie.

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Do you think this will have a meaningful impact on the race?

I don't see how either candidate can get much attention, but that's less damaging to Biden's effort. I also can't see how they meaningfully restart their campaigns until June (depending on how bad Trump continues to screw this up.)

Primaries are being delayed, then the convention is mid-July (how that even happens IDK...)

Not really seeing a possible endgame for Bernie.

Possibly.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999

I don't think Bernie much appreciates the negativity the trolls are spreading. If there's anything suspect in this world, it's their motivations.

Mar 11, 2004
WTF is the point of this thread? Seems like an intentional attempt to needle the Bernie supporters on here and baselessly chastise Bernie.

I'm not a centrist or the establishment. I've been calling Bernie Bros douchebag clowns as long as I've known about them because that's what their behavior has consistently been. Basically all of the ones I knew in 2016 were full on Turmp supporters that were never Democrats/progressives, or legitimate Sanders supporters. Based on the even worse than 2016 support for Bernie in the primaries, it seems like that's a trend that's continuing, only a bunch of them got outed after they revealed themselves to be full blown Turmpers after 2016 so no one was going to buy their bullshit (just like no one that isn't a fucking moron bought the "hashtag walkaway" lying sack of shit right wingers that tried to claim they were progressive/liberal).

Full stop, I think Bernie Bros (not all Bernie supporters as I know legit ones, in fact I'd say Bernie Bros are fraction of a fraction of a fraction, they're just very very very vocal) are right wingers that are looking for an excuse to absolve themselves of supporting right wingers that they know have been absolutely terrible. They want others to prevent Turmp because they know they sure as hell weren't going to do anything but knew how horrible he would be.

Hayabusa Rider

Jan 26, 2000
Botthsides with a vengeance!

It's interesting that in matters of global survival potentially greater than our species has ever seen, you ignore it and pretend that any of the political values you may or may not have make the least difference in comparison.

Lemming over the cliff? So be it.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
It's interesting that in matters of global survival potentially greater than our species has ever seen, you ignore it and pretend that any of the political values you may or may not have make the least difference in comparison.

Lemming over the cliff? So be it.

Just in case you missed it-