Jan 2, 2014
looking at the manual, i dont see hdmi, optical or digital audio in

does it decode dolby?

can you run stereo rca into it?

it may be time to upgrade.

razel

Platinum Member
May 14, 2002
Looked at the manual. It's got L/R audio RCA analog in. Manual states Dolby Digital PCM but there is no digital in. I think it's marketing. This is old fashioned Dolby analog matrix decoding. You are just left with L/R audio RCA from your TV's audio out which looks like headphone jack to the Bose itself. I'm sure you'll want to switch that to a fixed, full line out volume. Essentially the remote on the TV won't control the volume of the Bose.

JimboHouston

Mar 20, 2018
To BoonDockinSummit: I faced an identical challenge recently. I got a connecting cable with headphone jack at one end and RCA jacks (red + white) at the other. Plugged the headphone jack into the TV and the RCA jacks into my receiver (can use either Aux or Sat inputs). You then have to choose the correct sound output option on the TV settings (read the manual). I worked for me. Took about an hour figure everything out, but the result was worth it.

JimboHouston

Mar 20, 2018
Just purchased a 2017 Sony - 65" Class (64.5" Diag.) - LED - 2160p - Smart - 4K Ultra HD TV with High Dynamic Range. I also have a older Bose Lifestyle 12 Series II produce from 1999 to 2003. What are my options to connect audio out from the TV to the receiver so I may still experience my surround sound?

TV Link
https://www.bestbuy.com/site/sony-6...th-high-dynamic-range/5748206.p?skuId=5748206

Bose Link
https://assets.bose.com/content/dam...tyle_12_series_ii/pdf/owg_en_ls12_series2.pdf

JimboHouston

Mar 20, 2018
To BoonDockinSummit: I faced an identical challenge recently. I got a connecting cable with headphone jack at one end and RCA jacks (red + white) at the other. Plugged the headphone jack into the TV and the RCA jacks into my receiver (can use either Aux or Sat inputs). You then have to choose the correct sound output option on the TV settings (read the manual). I worked for me. Took about an hour figure everything out, but the result was worth it.