Sony Fontopia ear buds vs. others..?

randomlinh

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
linh.wordpress.com
So, are they worth the money?? I mean, there are some $5-$15 ear buds, and then there are these $50-80.. even $150 one's from sony. I'm not sure if the competition has anything like em, haven't looked...

But are they worth it? I have the behind the head headphones from my Nomad II. I don't like them at all. For portable audio, I like earbuds.. but they never sound that good. I'm just wondering if it'd be worth saving for these sony's or not. Any ideas?

Zucchini

Banned
Dec 10, 1999
so far i've seen a coorelation between price and quality:p the 10-20 dollar buds i've bought sound like crap, the 50 dollar sony i bought sound great. By the way, i don't use bass boost, good buds should sound great without it. I don't know my model number, its not printed on the @$# things. but from what i remember. 16mm evaporated saphire diaphrams:p only one model has that.

Chooie

Platinum Member
Nov 8, 1999
Buds hurt my damn ears; get a good pair of Sennheissers (just ask Seph :))

randomlinh

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
linh.wordpress.com
Zuc, i knwo what you're talking about, sony only has one $50 model :)

Anyway, that's good to know, I guess I'll save for that.

Chooie, I have sony MDR-V600's, but they aren't practical for walkin round campus :)

I was considering hte Grado SR60's, but i'm still debating. On one side, i can use the earbuds w/ my behind the head ear muffs (3M stuffs, they kick ass). But i'm pretty sure the grado's will sound better. It's a toss up to whether I want to really spend that much money on headphones :)

Sephiroth_IX

Diamond Member
Oct 22, 1999

<< get a good pair of Sennheissers (just ask Seph ) >>

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! MD580's own you! :p

GoSharks

Diamond Member
Nov 29, 1999
get the sony mdr-e888 if you can afford the ~$60 they cost. or you could get the mdr-ex70 for around $40. the e888 rocks from what i hear. i am going to get the ex70s when i get some $$.

very good info place