Sometimes I wonder about my sons intelligence level

Yeeny

Lifer
Feb 2, 2000
My youngest, who is six, is telling me about a fire drill they had in school today. So me, being the wise ass I am, asked him if he ran down the hall screaming "Somebody save us, we are all going to die!" during the drill. He looks at me all serious and says "No mom, we can't do that, we have to be quiet and not talk." I ask him why, wanting to be sure he understands why, and expect to hear so we can get out quickly and in a safer manner, you know, something to that affect.

His answer? "Because if you yell, the fire will hear you and chase you down and burn you up mom."

:confused:

Dec 4, 2002
lmao, i spit out some of my soda when i read his answer.

he is probably repeating what some kid at school said though

MainFramed

Diamond Member
May 29, 2002
Originally posted by: CheapArse

Probably right...lmao

Yeeny

Lifer
Feb 2, 2000
Originally posted by: BooGiMaN
so whos side of the family do u think he got it from? :p

His father, it HAS to be!

:p

Conjur: One of my all time favorite books. "Hey trashy, whydja go and burn up Old Lady Semples pension check? Why didntcha burn up the school?"

:D

Spoooon

Lifer
Mar 3, 2000
I think you should encourage that in your son. It would make for some amusing moments when he gets older.

Jan 31, 2002
Originally posted by: MainFramed

Probably right...lmao

No, he's repeating what the FUD-spreading Safety Monkeys at school teach. :p

"Remember, kids, if Daddy smokes, he's going to burn the house down one day. And when he opens a beer, that means the beatings will start in fifteen."

rolleye.gif

- M4H

Yeeny

Lifer
Feb 2, 2000
Originally posted by: pillage2001
Answer well just like the mum would expect. :D

Howwas the concert??

Concert was awesome, Rob is the hottest man alive on the planet, and I am going to go see him again asap. :D :D

Jan 18, 2001
lol, thats classic!

Thats a funny age, kids have enough brain power to do logic, but not enough knowledge to construct valid premises. :D

Electric Amish

Elite Member
Oct 11, 1999
Originally posted by: Yeeny
My youngest, who is six, is telling me about a fire drill they had in school today. So me, being the wise ass I am, asked him if he ran down the hall screaming "Somebody save us, we are all going to die!" during the drill. He looks at me all serious and says "No mom, we can't do that, we have to be quiet and not talk." I ask him why, wanting to be sure he understands why, and expect to hear so we can get out quickly and in a safer manner, you know, something to that affect.

His answer? "Because if you yell, the fire will hear you and chase you down and burn you up mom."

Are you sure he's yours?

amish

Electric Amish

Elite Member
Oct 11, 1999

Are you sure he's yours?

amish

pillage2001

Lifer
Sep 18, 2000

Howwas the concert??

Concert was awesome, Rob is the hottest man alive on the planet, and I am going to go see him again asap. :D :D

Come over to Michigan. He's going to perform on the 24th this month I think. :D I thought of going but I have an on going soccer match on that day. :(

Dec 4, 2002
Originally posted by: MercenaryForHire
Originally posted by: MainFramed

Probably right...lmao

No, he's repeating what the FUD-spreading Safety Monkeys at school teach. :p

"Remember, kids, if Daddy smokes, he's going to burn the house down one day. And when he opens a beer, that means the beatings will start in fifteen."

rolleye.gif

- M4H

hmm, that sheads light on a few things i was wondering.... :D

Yeeny

Lifer
Feb 2, 2000

Howwas the concert??

Come over to Michigan. He's going to perform on the 24th this month I think. :D I thought of going but I have an on going soccer match on that day. :(

Ok, I can't make it, but do me a favor. Rush the stage, rip his shirt off, and send it to me Fed Ex. I will even pay shipping, woot! :p

EA: I'm not so sure.... maybe I better ask for a DNA test!

pillage2001

Lifer
Sep 18, 2000

Howwas the concert??

Ok, I can't make it, but do me a favor. Rush the stage, rip his shirt off, and send it to me Fed Ex. I will even pay shipping, woot! :p

The mum's this crazy and you wonder where the son got his intelligence from?? :D I would but you wanna pay for my front row seat?? :D

giguana

Apr 3, 2002

Howwas the concert??

The mum's this crazy and you wonder where the son got his intelligence from?? :D I would but you wanna pay for my front row seat?? :D

and bail when he get's arrested??;)

Yeeny

Lifer
Feb 2, 2000
Originally posted by: giguana

Howwas the concert??

and bail when he get's arrested??;)

bail? but he would be taking one for the good of the team! (aka, me!)

and I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell.....

;)

Krakerjak

Jul 23, 2001
Sometimes i wonder about my own intelligence level.

Last night i went outside with a helium baloon and a spool of fishing line and flew the baloon around like a kite.