Something is very wrong

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

OrganizedChaos

Diamond Member
Apr 21, 2002
yay for depression, get use to it, it sucks. anti depresents may help at first but after awhile you won't be able to feel anything. thats why people turn into cutters, better to feel pain than nothing at all. don't bother trying to explain the way you are, only other people like you can understand.

erub

Diamond Member
Jun 21, 2000
I'd agree that you need to start working out - I know this may be considered very extreme, but have you considered training to run a marathon? Obviously something like this requires a lot of effort and time, but the high you feel after you finish it is unbelievable. You wouldn't have to do it by yourself, there are groups in every city that get people to train together. It doesn't matter how fast or slow you go, your not trying to win the world championship, just survive.

theNEOone

Diamond Member
Apr 22, 2001
.........but smth is indeed very wrong with me. I don't know what it is........

What you know you can't explain, but you feel it. You've felt it your entire life, that there's something wrong with the world. You don't know what it is, but it's there, like a splinter in your mind, driving you mad.

....the matrix has you.

Hello Booster.

Each time I read your posts, I can feel your frustration. I mean the frustration of seeming to have no desire or aim in life. As many of us do know, extremity of any kind is almost guaranteed unhealthy. I wish I could help you. It's like you want to help someone each time you read his posts, but you can't seem to.

You said you've never had friends in your life; never had a significant other, etc. I mean, some people in life are content living such life, but you don't sound content.

I'll venture to ask about your family background: How is your relationship with your relatives and immediate family members? Do you keep in touch with them? It all starts from there. If there's anything that hindered you from having a good relationship with them, then try to mend things first there. Gradually you'll feel more comfortable building relationships with strangers.

There are two things I suspect of you: Either your environment influence your lack of aim or satisfaction in life; or something isn't complete with hormones (i.e., having read your post in other threads but especially PuppyLovinGuy's thread about lacking interest in relationships and sex). Try this link: Take This Test. If you find it useful, then read the main, if not the entire, site before taking any actions. There are some suggested remedies there.

Hope that helps. In the event that you feel better and things seem fixed in your life, keep us updated.

Soybomb

Diamond Member
Jun 30, 2000
I mean, nothing, no matter what I do, brings me any enjoyment or satisfaction.
Sounds alot like depression to me. Why don't you seek some help and see if it helps you feel better. Can't hurt to try.....

Dragoon42

Platinum Member
Oct 2, 2000
i'm so sick of all these "wah wah i'm depressed threads". Maybe your lonely? do you have a boyfriend/girlfriend?

brigden

Diamond Member
Dec 22, 2002
Starting running. Seriously.

You'll be amazed at how in-tune you'll be with your body. Nothing beats the sound of your feet hitting the ground and realizing each breath.

I love running late at night, when it's just me and the path I choose to run.

You'll get to know yourself better.

yoda291

Diamond Member
Aug 11, 2001
Originally posted by: brigden
Starting running. Seriously.

You'll be amazed at how in-tune you'll be with your body. Nothing beats the sound of your feet hitting the ground and realizing each breath.

I love running late at night, when it's just me and the path I choose to run.

You'll get to know yourself better.

It's like a nike commercial...in post format.

Derango

Diamond Member
Jan 1, 2002
Originally posted by: Dragoon42
i'm so sick of all these "wah wah i'm depressed threads". Maybe your lonely? do you have a boyfriend/girlfriend?

If your so sick of them you don't have to click the thread.

Azraele

Elite Member
Nov 5, 2000
Ok, so you don't like books. Have you tried a creative form of you own expression? Painting perhaps.

It could be you just haven't found your niche, your passion.

You could try a change of location, change of career, go to (or back to) school, any number of things.

Try something new, something you might not ordinarily do.

purepolly

Sep 27, 2002
No, you don't sound at all depressed to me.

It sounds more like you are in a transition phase before beginning a new spiritual growth phase. Just relax with it and let things flow, keep your mind open, and when the time is right you will get the inspiration for what you need to do to grow. :sun:

TheShiz

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
I know what you mean, and I know you said you don't read books, but this one might open your mind a bit and may be able to explain why you feel the way you do, its called:

Ishmael

most likely at any library, I think everyone should read it.