Someone please tell me why Palestine hates Isreal so much?

Mookow

Lifer
Apr 24, 2001
Time to go the grocery store and stock up on marshmellows, chocolate, and crackers, because I sense incoming flames...

steell

Golden Member
Sep 2, 2001
The story starts about 2500 years ago, and you want an answer here? I think it would probably take me a couples months just to type the answer, and then it would eat up all of AT's bandwidth :D

It would be a whole lot better if you would do the research yourself.

Edit: Excellent link! And this quote was funny :D

"Palestine is largely inhabited by unreasonable people."

Electrode

Diamond Member
May 4, 2001
The UN gave displaced Jews after WWII a country on the mediterrainian sea, which happened to be where Palestine was. The Palestinians mostly moved into Jordan. However, the Israelis didn't think that the UN gave them enough land, so they started occupying the land around them. The only such occupation still being actively fought is the incursion into the Jordanian west bank, where the Palestinians settled after Israel's formation.

At least that's my understanding of it...

rickn

Diamond Member
Oct 15, 1999
Originally posted by: Electrode
The UN gave displaced Jews after WWII a country on the mediterrainian sea, which happened to be where Palestine was. The Palestinians mostly moved into Jordan. However, the Israelis didn't think that the UN gave them enough land, so they started occupying the land around them. The only such occupation still being actively fought is the incursion into the Jordanian west bank, where the Palestinians settled after Israel's formation.

At least that's my understanding of it...

Jews would argue that the land was not given to them, it was rightfully theirs to begin with. And they have continued to expand into areas that the palestinians claim. What I don't understand is all these arab countries who feel the pain and plight of the palestinians, yet none of them countries want them either. There's lots of room in Iraq for them.