Someone please tell me what constitutional right a business is violating by requiring people to wear a mask

blackangst1

Lifer
Feb 23, 2005
So I just watched about an hour of "Karens" complaining businesses requiring people wear masks is unconstitutional. What clause of the constitution is being violated here? Im confused.

TheELF

Diamond Member
Dec 22, 2012
Nah, they are just confusing constitutional rights with constitutional obligations.

You do have the right to wear anything you want and to not wear anything you don't want but masks are not your typical clothing item they are meant to protect the health of you and others and you do not have the right to put that health in danger.
You don't have to wear the mask but you also don't have to get into that business.

blackangst1

Lifer
Feb 23, 2005
Nah, they are just confusing constitutional rights with constitutional obligations.

You do have the right to wear anything you want and to not wear anything you don't want but masks are not your typical clothing item they are meant to protect the health of you and others and you do not have the right to put that health in danger.
You don't have to wear the mask but you also don't have to get into that business.

I dont see the difference between this and "No shoes no shirt no service" though.

Jul 9, 2009
There is no Constitutional Right that a business would be violating by requiring a client to wear a mask. There could possibly be an ADA exemption to being forced to wear a mask for a business, but it hasn't be examined in depth by the courts. People with intellectual and developmental disabilities or possibly PTSD could have serious issues with being forced to wear a mask in public. It would be a legislative violation, not a Constitutional one.

blackangst1

Lifer
Feb 23, 2005
There is no Constitutional Right that a business would be violating by requiring a client to wear a mask. There could possibly be an ADA exemption to being forced to wear a mask for a business, but it hasn't be examined in depth by the courts. People with intellectual and developmental disabilities or possibly PTSD could have serious issues with being forced to wear a mask in public. It would be a legislative violation, not a Constitutional one.
with no proof though? All you gotta say is is I have an exemption?

Jan 25, 2011
People confuse accommodation with I get to do what I want. They have no idea what a medical accommodation is or what it means, especially relating to public health emergencies. Nothing. not one of them have any idea what the direct threat provision is or how it makes their entire argument invalid.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
How about corporations are people and people who one homes in which they do business and you can refuse to let people into your home for whatever reason unless they have a search warrant, a crime is taking place, it's on fire and you are face down on the floor, etc.

DaaQ

Golden Member
Dec 8, 2018
How about corporations are people and people who one homes in which they do business and you can refuse to let people into your home for whatever reason unless they have a search warrant, a crime is taking place, it's on fire and you are face down on the floor, etc.
in that case

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
MAH FREEDUMBS!!!

Sorry-I-Cant-Hear-You-Over-The-Sound-Of-My-Freedom-Shirt.jpg

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
Ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can so for your country!!

dawp

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005
I like the name Karen. Its a shame today's low brow society has chosen to assign it a negative connotation. One day a brave woman named Karen will restore the honor to the name.
if they're anything like you not a chance.