Someone needs to make a "How to guide for oc the Athlon XP 2500+"

Vich

Platinum Member
Apr 11, 2000
Someone should make a FAQ sticky for all the 2500+ barton oc'ing questions. Most of the threads have to deal with that... just an idea :D

-Rich

Duvie

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2001
Originally posted by: Vich
Someone should make a FAQ sticky for all the 2500+ barton oc'ing questions. Most of the threads have to deal with that... just an idea :D

-Rich

I agree it can help cut down on the mass threads on the topic...However here is the problem...The ocing a Barton 3200+ should be relatively simple in that since most all new chips are factory locked it is a sheer matter of boosting the fsb.

Maybe what would help is a good report of stats of what boards ppl are having the most success on. I have seen a lot of threads where it is clear the mobo may not support those fsb speeds, lacks some locks and dividers, etc.

Mine was a piece of cake....

I popped it in....raised the vcore to 1.7v in the bios since the DFI board undervolted a bit. Rasied the northbridge vcore (not all boards have this) to 1.55v and bumped the vdimm up to 2.7v for the 2 sticks....Booted right up at 200fsb for 2.2ghz or 3200+ speed. Ran prime95 for 48 hours and did not touch it. Ran memtest for 12 hours....Then I worked my way back until I found it was still 12hours tested stable at default vcore. I however happy with the retail hsf which kept the temps below 50c reported on the board at 1.7v. So I left it for the security of knowing the system would be stable when the end user I was building and testing for would have no issue in his favorite 3 hour gaming session.....

wicktron

Platinum Member
Aug 15, 2002
No need for a sticky, if people search around, there is already a vast library of information regarding general OC'ing. Since OC'ing is not an exact science, and is more like trial and error, people should play around and experiment (albeit a bit risky), but I feel it's the best way to learn.

Vich

Platinum Member
Apr 11, 2000
True but how many people actually use the search function first before starting there own thread?

Very little!

-Rich