Someone gave me DS Lite as an early xmas present? Keep it?

FearoftheNight

Diamond Member
Feb 19, 2003
I just got a ds lite. I know nothing about this. Should I keep it? I already have an iphone 3gs and android phone..

Dumac

Diamond Member
Dec 31, 2005
Do you like video games?

If so, keep it.

If not, sell it/give it away.

smackababy

Lifer
Oct 30, 2008
If you don't like it you can send it this way. I won't mind taking it off your hands. I won't even charge you for unloading it. >_>

FearoftheNight

Diamond Member
Feb 19, 2003
Do you like video games?

If so, keep it.

If not, sell it/give it away.

i do but alrdy have pc/laptop/xbox360/ps3/iphone/android

so lets to play with....the reason for the post was to ask if there was any thing really outstanding or worthwhile with the ds ie special user interface, exclusive games....something different that it could offer

FearoftheNight

Diamond Member
Feb 19, 2003
If you don't like it you can send it this way. I won't mind taking it off your hands. I won't even charge you for unloading it. >_>

i'd be more than happy to send it over for a reasonable price...if you want to save some money and get one at discount otherwise theres always craigslist :p

FearoftheNight

Diamond Member
Feb 19, 2003
well that is what unwanted gifts are for eh? i've been travelling the world this year so did we give up capitalism while i was gone? o_O :D

ImpulsE69

Lifer
Jan 8, 2010
Capitalism went out in the 1800's..now-adays if someone has something we want, we just beat them and take it. :)

Seriously though, depends on what you like. I personally like the DS. There are wayyy too many really crap games on it, but there are some really fun ones too.

Yoshi629

Nov 17, 2010
The DS Lite is an amazing system. I currently have a DSi XL which I play almost every day when I have some time. You should look into the features of the DSi and the soon-to-be-released Nintendo 3DS. If the additional features don't seem to interest you, I would say keep the DS Lite. Plus, its likely not going to be worth too much now anyways as, with Nintendo's constant revisions every few months, its kind of old lol :).

As to really fun games - I recommend Rhythm Heaven, Dragon Quest 9, any of the Pokemon titles, and Mario Kart DS.

Really, there are a "ton" of amazing DS games. You should have no problem finding something you like. Just make sure to check out some quick reviews before purchasing anything because, just like the Wii, many companies have released pretty bad games for the system just because they know it will sell (due to the popularity of the system and unsuspecting/unknowledgeable parents who will buy it not knowing any better).

Have fun :)

FearoftheNight

Diamond Member
Feb 19, 2003
do you play ur ds lite on the go or at home? if at home are u saying you would play it over a pc or console system?

PuppettMaster001

Golden Member
May 11, 2002
I would say keep it if you don't need the money. You can buy used games for really cheap and it has a lot of really good games. I have one and never play it due to a lack of time but I still wouldn't get rid of it.

FearoftheNight

Diamond Member
Feb 19, 2003
I would say keep it if you don't need the money. You can buy used games for really cheap and it has a lot of really good games. I have one and never play it due to a lack of time but I still wouldn't get rid of it.

is this anything you can do that's not gaming? ie multimedia/internet stuff?