Someone broke into my roommate's car and he got a ticket

EmperorIQ

Platinum Member
Sep 30, 2003
Parking it tough in our area, and someone broke into his car, put it on neutral and pushed it into the red zone so they could park. My roommate said that when he got back there wasn't any cars behind him. He tried to call the cops but they thought he was full of shlt, trying to lie to get out of a ticket. what can he do? Nothing?

xSauronx

Lifer
Jul 14, 2000
pretty much nothing, unless by some chance you can find 2 people who saw him park it and 2 people who saw it being moved by an ass hat

sucks

dabuddha

Lifer
Apr 10, 2000
Someone broke into a car just to move it a little for a parking space? I find that hard to believe.

TheAudit

Diamond Member
May 2, 2003
IF his car got broken into I wouldn't worry about a ticket, he should be thankful they didn't take the car.

loup garou

Lifer
Feb 17, 2000
Was there evidence of a break in? Or did he come back, see the car was unlocked and in the red zone and assume it was broken into instead of assuming he left it in neutral and it rolled? Or did he really park there and is lying to you? Or are "you" actually "him" and just want to test out your story?

dxkj

Lifer
Feb 17, 2001
Originally posted by: Dead Parrot Sketch
a Klingon tractor beam once pulled my car through a red light.

hate when that happens :( cops never listen either

cmdavid

Diamond Member
May 23, 2001
what do you mean by "broke into"? If he left the door unlocked its his own fault. Not justifying the idiot that moved it, but if he had locked his doors there wouldn't be any problems..

EmperorIQ

Platinum Member
Sep 30, 2003
wow, i never looked back on this thread when i posted it, haha i had a programming project. Anyways, he said that i had the story wrong, he said that someone stole his car and brough it back, had it parked in a red zone. The only evidence he claimed that he has is a screwdriver in his car that didn't belong to him. What i actually, now, think happened is that he forgot to lock his car and someone used a screwdriver to put into that little slot that lets you unlock the shift, so you can put it on neutral w/o a key, and engine starting, thenthey rolled it, and left the car there, but i dunno. I wasn't there, he just told me when i got back from work. HE said he waited outisde for 2 hours for the cops to come and the cop didnt believe him!

BooGiMaN

Diamond Member
Jul 5, 2001
tonight on nightline...the disturbing new crime wave of parking spot theives.

seriosuly though if you were the police would you belive your freind's story:p