Someone at work took off with my headphones. /angryface

Status
Not open for further replies.

SunnyD

Belgian Waffler
Jan 2, 2001
www.neftastic.com
Granted, they were nothing special, but they did the job and were comfortable to use. They normally sit on my desk plugged into the headphone jack of the computer, as they have for the past year and change. I know they were here yesterday because I had used them in conjunction with this post.

It appears that they have magically grown legs and walked off, likely assisting the evening cleaning crew as they emptied the office trash cans or something, since hardly anyone else ever comes into my office and the person I share the office with has a much, MUCH nicer set of acoustic-wear.

Methinks it's time to get someone fired over a $7 set of earbuds.

vi edit

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 28, 1999
Of the things I could steal..things that are put in a bodily orifice are not high on my list.

joesmoke

Diamond Member
Nov 2, 2007
janitor prolly ran the cord over with the vacuum cleaner and threw them away. has happened to me a number of times.

skyking

Lifer
Nov 21, 2001
That's patently stupid.:(
Leave a hidden usb webcam up and leave out a better set.

SunnyD

Belgian Waffler
Jan 2, 2001
www.neftastic.com
janitor prolly ran the cord over with the vacuum cleaner and threw them away. has happened to me a number of times.
My computer (tower) is on my desk, the cord for the headphones aren't remotely long enough for them to reach the floor, even dangling they'd still be about a foot short.

mav451

Jan 31, 2006
Janitor in my building took my marshmallow earbuds. Apparently I got lucky though, since some people have lost iPods. Even still, a thief is a thief.

moshquerade

No Lifer
Nov 1, 2001
Somebody stole my paper hole punch. It was special, and I was quite attached to it. I needed it for a specific job.

I am lost without my paper hole punch. :(

rudder

Lifer
Nov 9, 2000
I caught one of the guards in my building trying to break in my desk. Thanks to my motion detecting webcam. We recently had a cleaning lady busted for stealing some money from another employees desk. But in the past everything not tied down had taken a walk.. umbrellas (my good Nike 50mph wind one)... some picture frames... anything edible (we lock the fridge at 4:30 everyday now).

SunnyD

Belgian Waffler
Jan 2, 2001
www.neftastic.com
I caught one of the guards in my building trying to break in my desk. Thanks to my motion detecting webcam. We recently had a cleaning lady busted for stealing some money from another employees desk. But in the past everything not tied down had taken a walk.. umbrellas (my good Nike 50mph wind one)... some picture frames... anything edible (we lock the fridge at 4:30 everyday now).
Guess it could have been worse - I've stopped bringing my PSP in to work (which I would occasionally forget to take home) last month.

Hacp

Lifer
Jun 8, 2005

Were they unionized? If they were, expect them back in a week.

Status
Not open for further replies.