Some thoughts on divorce.

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

BoberFett

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
25, been married for about 5.5 years now. In retrospect I was far too young to have even been thinking about marriage.

FettsBabe

Diamond Member
Oct 21, 1999
Yea, you were way too young to think about marriage. When I was 20 I could barely decide who I wanted to date that month, much less who I would get married to.

I hope you guys can work it out. How old is your wife? Have you tried counseling?

If not, the marriage can desolve easily and material items can be replaced in time, but do consider your child the most important thing in the divorce and when you know the marriage is over (not before) consult an attorney to help you make good decisions before you and the x split.

When you feel better, maybe you will share some of your details with us. Maybe we can help.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Athanasius, My respect for you only deepens with time. That post was a very powerful expression of life in itself and in what you achieved. I don't disagree at all with anyone or any aproach that transcends the enemy by the path of Higher Love. There is a saying, as above, so below. 'In a grain of sand the universe is revealed' What you call God others have also called the ground of being. Another saying, 'I have never known anyone in trouble who went straight ahead.'

You said, "One can say "love himself" or "love others". In the end, there probably isn't much difference. But I think focusing on others is the true way home. If I really try to love others, I will end up wrestling with my own personal demons soon enough."

My hope was that what in the dark is a demon is really maybe a feeling of worthlesness tied to an event from the past that already happened and is only terrifying and really powerful repressed and unconscious. In the light of day, perhaps first with rage and then with a floods of tears there can come a healing, a love and understanding and friendship for that demon. It is our deep truth and a source of both of our uniqueness and a bridge to sympathy for our fellow cross bearers. The way we handled it long ago was how we survived. That does not now any longer have to be.

I think that self knowledge can be an adjunct to any spiritual path. It is digging the tunnel (to freedom) from both ends.

I'm Typing

Golden Member
Oct 9, 1999
A man marries a woman hoping she will never change.
She always does.

A woman marries a man hoping she can change him.
He never does.

And people wonder why our divorce rate is so high?

Tough luck, Bober. At least you are learning your lesson at 25. Hope you don't have kids.