Some people really suck...

syberscott

Feb 20, 2003
My wife was taking our 7 month old boy Julian for a walk in the stroller and he threw his blanket over the side. My wife didn't notice at first and when she turned around to get it some other lady pushing a stroller picked the blanket up and wouldn't give it back. The lady told my wife "your loss is my gain" and "if your boy lost it and I found it, it's mine". I just can't believe somebody would be so mean. My wife is a little upset about it and we've lost a little more faith in humanity.
Please no immature responses about revenge etc.

Hoober

Diamond Member
Feb 9, 2001
I'd be hard pressed not beat the living snot out of somebody if they did that to my kid.

And I think it'd be pretty hard for her to stop me from just "taking it" back.

That's absolutely insane, though. Why on earth would she want to keep the blanket? Was she so destitute that she needed to resort to stealing?

Kyteland

Diamond Member
Dec 30, 2002
I'd just take it. What would they do, call the police?

"Help! That lady is stealing her property from me."

Toasthead

Diamond Member
Aug 27, 2001
I think your title should read MOST people really suck. Its getting harder and harder to find decent, nice people nowadays.

rpc64

Platinum Member
Jan 5, 2002
That is absolutely ridiculous. I would have just taken my blanket back. How can someone think they can just take someone else's property just because they watched them drop it on the ground??

syberscott

Feb 20, 2003
Originally posted by: iamme
that's messed up.

did she get the blanket back?
No, my wife is a pretty shy girl and she's just not assertive enough. It wasn't really worth fighting over anyways.

Luagsch

Golden Member
Apr 25, 2003
chop of her arm. then pick it up and say "your loss is my gain. if you lost it and I found it, it's mine". do that with some other bodyparts and she will never do anything like that again...

AgentEL

Golden Member
Jun 25, 2001
i really pity the woman who stole that blanket... she must have really needed it to stoop so low as to steal from a baby.

dmw16

Diamond Member
Nov 12, 2000
That is messed up. But that probably got some pretty bad karma...stealing a baby blanket. She will probably be something pretty crappy in her next life :D
-doug

yukichigai

Diamond Member
Apr 23, 2003
Originally posted by: syberscott
that's messed up.

No, my wife is a pretty shy girl and she's just not assertive enough. It wasn't really worth fighting over anyways.

I dunno. Kids get pretty attached to lots of things. Your kid might be kinda sad over losing the blanket. Or was it just a generic sorta blanket you have a bunch of at home?

P.S. Whoever that was has serious, serious issues. I would say if you could find her report her to CPS, because someone like that more than likely has other mental defficencies that will mess up her kids.

Luagsch

Golden Member
Apr 25, 2003
Originally posted by: dmw16
That is messed up. But that probably got some pretty bad karma...stealing a baby blanket. She will probably be something pretty crappy in her next life :D
-doug
looks like she already did that in the life before...

Wallydraigle

Banned
Nov 27, 2000
Originally posted by: yukichigai
that's messed up.

I dunno. Kids get pretty attached to lots of things. Your kid might be kinda sad over losing the blanket. Or was it just a generic sorta blanket you have a bunch of at home?

P.S. Whoever that was has serious, serious issues. I would say if you could find her report her to CPS, because someone like that more than likely has other mental defficencies that will mess up her kids.

Yeah, you gotta feel sorry for the kid because it's going to grow up with a loser for a mom.

yukichigai

Diamond Member
Apr 23, 2003
Originally posted by: lirion
Originally posted by: yukichigai
that's messed up.

Yeah, you gotta feel sorry for the kid because it's going to grow up with a loser for a mom.

"Loser" isn't exactly the term I'd use. Then again, I don't know if there's really a word to describe someone who uses the logic "your crying hurts my ears, so it's fair that it hit you in the head with a wooden spoon to shut you up."

Encryptic

Diamond Member
May 21, 2003
What a bitch! That woman has some serious issues. God help her kids if that's the kind of behavior she encourages....