some good deals at newegg for polk speakers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zargon

Lifer
Nov 3, 2009
i snagged the monitor 60's and the CS1 center for my home theater, already have a klipsch sub, and yammy 3ways for the rears

cytoSiN

Platinum Member
Jul 11, 2002
owned both. not really. but I bought them for less.

Then I guess the real question is whether the CS1 is worth it at all for $60. I don't "need" it, but that seems like a decent price for what is likely a better speaker than my current center channel.

Zargon

Lifer
Nov 3, 2009
I bought CS1 because it uses the same driver as the Monitor 60's I purchased so I should get the same sounds out of them

THE CS2 uses the same driver as the Monitor 70's

EXman

Lifer
Jul 12, 2001
Then I guess the real question is whether the CS1 is worth it at all for $60. I don't "need" it, but that seems like a decent price for what is likely a better speaker than my current center channel.

Well I Liked them very much. I bought them open box for $40 and the CSII for $55 open box. I used my CSII for six to eight months and sold it for $75.

I like the way they sound a lot actually. But had some small bookshelf polks from 5-6 years ago and did not like those... I'd buy again. I have some nice inwall units upstairs that were much more expensive and they made me pissed at that purchase!

I'd just buy the CS 1 at that price.

lupi

Lifer
Apr 8, 2001
I just setup up my 70s to replace the infinity fronts I had. The sound was so good after just a quick cal run that I then purchased the cs2 center as previously my center seemed to outshine the sides, now it's the opposite. Expecting more great sound once it gets here.

cytoSiN

Platinum Member
Jul 11, 2002
I bought CS1 because it uses the same driver as the Monitor 60's I purchased so I should get the same sounds out of them

THE CS2 uses the same driver as the Monitor 70's

Thanks. This is my concern, matching center and fronts. I'm using a VERY old set of Pioneer fronts/center, and a similarly old pair of Wharfedale bookshelves as rears. If I grab the CS1, I'd be limited to the 60s in terms of matching, but I think I'd be more interested in the 70s, so I should probably stick with the CS2.

Aikouka

Lifer
Nov 27, 2001
I have a CS10 in my bedroom as part of the 5.1 system in there, and ever since I had it distort sound, I don't think I can recommend it. To note, the CS10 is similar to the CS1. I was a bit surprised as it's always been fine, but I was at about -30 volume, a character yelled, and it sounded quite muffled. I've never had a problem with my CS2 that I use downstairs.

Status
Not open for further replies.